Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rep.-Elect Ilhan Omar Says She'll Work To Lift Ban On Religious Headwear In Congress

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rep.-Elect Ilhan Omar Says She'll Work To Lift Ban On Religious Headwear In Congress

....and so it begins.

Ah... the important stuff

Comment

Originally posted by JFISHER View Post
      Ah... the important stuff
      Kinda like when trump jumped into the NFL business

Or Obama spent time curating his March madness bracket on Sportscenter

Comment

Nope, not like either of those.

Comment

Why would a Christian founded and based country allow you to wear your Islamic garb in Congress?

I guess the same reason they let a president put his hand over the Koran

Ridiculous to me. JMHO

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
            Why would a Christian founded and based country allow you to wear your Islamic garb in Congress?

I guess the same reason they let a president put his hand over the Koran

Ridiculous to me. JMHO
            Huh? lol

Comment

They'll have to modify the constitution's separation of church and state, just not going to happen. But then again some say islam is a cult and not a church.

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
                They'll have to modify the constitution's separation of church and state, just not going to happen. But then again some say islam is a cult and not a church.
                Islam is a war plan.

Comment

Yep so it begins

Comment

Originally posted by Bowdark View Post
                    Islam is a war plan.
                    True dat. Islam is a political ideology that uses a perverted religion to further it's cause. It's not far from liberalism in attempting to attain it's end goal of total domination.

Comment

A sign of times.. It cannot be stopped..

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        A sign of times.. It cannot be stopped..
                        this is just what they want everyone to think.
                        yes it can be stopped, there just isn't the testicular fortitude to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by stickerpatch59 View Post
                          this is just what they want everyone to think.
                          yes it can be stopped, there just isn't the testicular fortitude to do it.
                          Exactly my point.. 1 or a 1,000 or even 10,000 cant do it alone.
                          The momentum is in their favor.. Unless there is a shift they will easily win..

Comment

I am surprised the law’s still around. But then again it probably has more to do with the norm of formal dress. Can you imagine telling a Jewish congressman he can’t wear his yarmulke. Imagine if Christians wore some type of religious hat. I wou be offended that they aren’t allowed to wear it. Are there similar rules about other religious articles? Can they wear a religious toe or tie tack?

Comment

Originally posted by donpablo View Post
                              I am surprised the law’s still around. But then again it probably has more to do with the norm of formal dress. Can you imagine telling a Jewish congressman he can’t wear his yarmulke. Imagine if Christians wore some type of religious hat. I wou be offended that they aren’t allowed to wear it. Are there similar rules about other religious articles? Can they wear a religious toe or tie tack?
                              I had not thought about it like that.

Comment

Working...
                              X