No announcement yet.

Terry Thompson Trial

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hernandez was rushed to Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital where he was placed on life support and slipped into a coma. He died 3 days later at the age of 24 when his life support was removed.

I just dont get how the Thompson "murdered" the guy 3 days after the altercation.

Comment

Terry Thompson Trial

Lock his *** up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Last edited by Ætheling; 11-08-2018, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        Hernandez was rushed to Lyndon B. Johnson Hospital where he was placed on life support and slipped into a coma. He died 3 days later at the age of 24 when his life support was removed.

I just dont get how the Thompson "murdered" the guy 3 days after the altercation.
        Really?

Comment

Not a lawyer here, but I assume if you shot someone and they died 3 days later, it would still be considered a murder. Not sure the time frame of of the actual death has much bearing on the charge.

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
            Thats a plan identifier under a henway.
            What's a henway??

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
              But would you have found him guilty of Murder? They charged him with murder which means he intended to kill him.

I would of found him guilty of manslaughter but not murder.
              My 3 day comment was relating to this.

Comment

My 3 day comment was relating to this.
                I hear ya. But wouldn't it still be murder if you stabbed or shot someone and the actual death took 3 days? I don't think it matters how long it takes for your injuries to kill you....provided it was an actual murder. Not self defense, accident, etc...

Not to get too far off the subject. But why are penalties for Attempted Murder so much less than Murder??? Seems like the outcome shouldn't affect the sentence that much. Just because you are bad at killing shouldn't make that much difference.

Comment

None of us know what all was presented at trial. My un-lawyer opinion is that after the guy passed out and you continue to choke him for a few minutes, you intended to kill him and he no longer posed a threat to you. That's where the difference is. I'm not a lawyer but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Comment

What a waste of taxpayer dollars.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

If you have a guy in a choke hold you can tell when he goes limp and if you continue that choke hold I believe you know what is going to be the most likely outcome if you don't stop. Hernandez was being an obnoxious drunk that night for sure but i think Thompson went to far and should be found guilty of manslaughter at the least.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Comment

But it was somehow different in this case?

Shooting someone and restraining someone via a choke hold, is different. If he wanted to kill the guy on the spot, he had top mount control, why not just bounce his head off of the concrete until he stops breathing. Dead guy had already thrown the first punch. I would wager Terrys body weight was more of a contributing factor than the choke.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by batmaninja; 11-08-2018, 03:20 PM.

Comment

I find it concerning that same case, same facts with two dramatically different verdicts. 11/12 say not guilty and 8/12 say no crime at all. Next go 12/12 say murder and 25 years. Right, wrong or otherwise that bugs me. Seems too much like luck whichever go round you side with.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                            I find it concerning that same case, same facts with two dramatically different verdicts. 11/12 say not guilty and 8/12 say no crime at all. Next go 12/12 say murder and 25 years. Right, wrong or otherwise that bugs me. Seems too much like luck whichever go round you side with.

Kind of disturbing that two groups of 12 people presented with the same testimony can come to two radically different conclusions. Makes me wonder about the quality of our judicial process. Wonder how the one guilty vote from the first jury feels now.

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan2004 View Post
                              If everyone who did something really stupid (drunk or sober) was worthy of being killed there wouldn’t be a soul left on earth.
                              True statement.

I don’t think it’s murder. But, there’s better ways to subdue a drunk than using a choke hold.

Comment

Originally posted by kmitchl View Post
                                Kind of disturbing that two groups of 12 people presented with the same testimony can come to two radically different conclusions. Makes me wonder about the quality of our judicial process. Wonder how the one guilty vote from the first jury feels now.
                                How do you know that they heard the same testimony?

Comment

Working...
                                X