Tikka T3x roughtech ember or Seekins Havak PH2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
    T3x and PH2 are not at the same price point. Sako S20 is closer to the PH2 in price from Beretta and is in my eye superior if the weight is not to much.

Tx3 and Seekins are a tossup in my eyes

Stock Seekins
    Action Tikka
    Trigger - I will take the tikka over the Timney EH I have had both triggers

Barrel and accuracy - I have handled but not tested the seekins
    Put a few hundred rounds through that Seekins action and get back to me. I’ve had more than my share of customs, and wouldn’t even consider a factory rifle for years. The Seekins has changed my opinion in that aspect, and they smooth up very nicely with a few hundred rounds. Not to mention the 700 footprint is far more desireable than a Tikka from an aftermarket standpoint.

I’ve owned a few Havaks.

I don’t mean to sound like I’m talking down the Tikka either. They’re fine rifles, and shoot very well. Just not my cup of tea. IMO the only thing they beat the Havak on is trigger, but then again I’d rather have the 700 footprint to throw in the trigger of my choice. The Tikka trigger is nicer from a factory standpoint, but I’d still rather have a TT Special.
    Last edited by TX03RUBI; 08-15-2022, 04:23 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
      T3x and PH2 are not at the same price point. Sako S20 is closer to the PH2 in price from Beretta and is in my eye superior if the weight is not to much.

Tx3 and Seekins are a tossup in my eyes

Stock Seekins
      Action Tikka
      Trigger - I will take the tikka over the Timney EH I have had both triggers

Barrel and accuracy - I have handled but not tested the seekins
      Tikka makes a good production rifle for the money. Read that last part a few times lol.

Seekins is making an entry level custom for not a ton more than Tikka.

Tikka stocks suck.
      Their trigger is decent after a spring change but won’t hold a candle to what comes with the seekins and not to what you can drop in that platform.

Barrels. Tikka makes good barrels, again, for a production rifle. Seekins if I recall, is building on Rock Creek barrels. Already fluted and threaded with a heavier contour for distance stuff.

Havak is hand bedded as well.

Downside to both is proprietary mags. Seekins still wins that.

Seekins is built to be a budget friendly custom rifle. Easily capable of 1000+ yards. Yet light enough to hunt with and rigid enough to not give you fits on those rough back country hunts.

Tikka is a hunting rifle. Super lite barrel contour in a flimsy stock to keep weight down. The target crowd of each rifle is totally different for the most part.

Comment

great info fellas. leaning towards seekins.

Comment

I have havak in 6mm creedmoor. Component wise it’s superior for sure than the tikka but for less money my T3x prints the as good on paper as the seekins not trying to start any arguments. Just my real world experience. The better looking rifle by far is the seekins no doubt.

Comment

Here's an option, a replacement stock on a T3 Tikka. Like I mentioned I have three Tikkas. Bought the first one, a CTR in .308, 6 years ago. It shot so well I bought a T3 in 6.5 Creedmoor and replaced the stock with a Bell & Carlson Medalist. Turned it into a really fine rifle that shoots great. I also replaced the plastic trigger guard with metal from High Desert Rifle works. I'm so impressed with the accuracy of Tikka that I invested about $500.00 in a $600.00 base model and made it even better.

Comment

My opinions of off the rack rifles are tolerant at best but Seekins would be my choice if they're building on Rock Creek barrels. At least they're cut and not button.

Comment

Tikka barrels are cold hammer forged with mandrels.
                Last edited by Dbap; 08-27-2022, 05:24 AM.

Comment

a $4-500 replacement stock on the Tikka he’s wanting just puts him at or around the price of the Seekins. At that point just buy the PH2

Comment

Originally posted by BobbyJoe View Post
                    a $4-500 replacement stock on the Tikka he’s wanting just puts him at or around the price of the Seekins. At that point just buy the PH2
                    For me from Grabagun I paid $569.99 for the rifle, $320.00 from Midway USA for the B&C stock, about $120.00 for the bottom metal. Sold the factory stock for like, $50.00 as I recall.

I wasn't trying to save $, just wanted a great shooting rifle exactly the way I had in mind. I recently developed the need for a 7mm mag and bought the Tikka Roughtek. I think it was $999.00 from Scheels. My CTR in .308 is my go to white tail rifle for the last 7 years. They are all fantastic shooters. I won a Hunters Rifle shooting challenge against 14 other shooters, most of them shooting custom rifles with load developed ammo. I was all factory, down to my Hornady out of the box (165 gr. SST, Supreformance) ammo.

I only know what I know, limited to Tikka, but that first one sold me after I started hitting 4-500 yards consistently for the first time in my life.

Comment

I’ve handled both and will agree with many of the posts above. The Seekins is well put together for the price it is. However, I personally did not like the feel and fit of the stock. Personally I’d go with a Tikka for just a factory gun, even if you were to replace the tikka stock (which it doesn’t bother me personally) and be in the same price range as the Seekins, I’d rather have the Tikka.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Seekins all day. 4 Tikkas and a PH2. Seekins is another level.

Comment

I had issues with my seekins, returned, came back, and still had issues. Gave up and sold it cheap. Won’t own another.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                            I had issues with my seekins, returned, came back, and still had issues. Gave up and sold it cheap. Won’t own another.

What issues did you have, just out of curiosity?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Can you even find the Seekins in stock?

Comment

Working...
                              X