AR-15 sling?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AR-15 sling?

I put together a 350 Legend for this year’s deer season but I know nothing about slings. Researching Looks like two point is preferred.

Brand / model suggestions? Also, which attachment method?

I grew up a shotgun not a rifle guy so this is all foreign to me.

Attachment method.
    Depends on your hand guard and butt stock. I prefer the QD Swivels. There's a hole on my butt stock and 2 on my hanguard for the swivel to snap into.

Sling:
    Depends on your intended use of the gun. Spot and Stalk V-Tac sling. I've used a TAB sling but it doesn't seem as refined ans the V-TAC.

Here's how I do it. If I'm doing a Spot and Stalk hunt I use a 2 point sling. If I'm just going to a blind or tree stand i use a single point sling. I Ieave the 2 point sling attached when I get to the blind, they rattle and make noise when I'm bringing to gun up. Its spooked animals before

Comment

This is what I use on all of my AR15s. lightweight, simple, nothing to accidentally disconnect, and the storage feature is great.

https://www.frankproctorshooting.com/proctor-sling/

Comment

I bought the basic 2 point Magpul RLS sling to put on my AR10. It's long enough and it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
          This is what I use on all of my AR15s. lightweight, simple, nothing to accidentally disconnect, and the storage feature is great.

https://www.frankproctorshooting.com/proctor-sling/
          For hunting, this is all you need. No need for all that fancy tactical bs. Keep it simple.

Comment

My go to with QD quick release on both ends.

The Patented Vickers Padded Combat Applications Sling™ has revolutionized the way we carry automatic rifles. Developed with industry friend, expert, and former 1st SFOD-Delta operational member Larry Vickers and author of the Vickers Guide, the quick adjusting Tactical Sling used by the US Military. Looking for additional colors? Use the Sling Configurator

Comment

I have a few two point slings for my ARs. For my 20" barreled rifle, I only use the two point slings, with the push button quick detachable swivels. I have those mounted on the left side of the gun.

On my two carbines with collapsible stocks, I have installed a ambidextrous, single point sling loops. So far, I really like that style sling for my carbines. Then I have a single point sling, with a quick release hook on the end.

If I am carrying my back pack, whatever rifle I am carrying, is strapped to the backpack. I have found that is the best way to carry a rifle, and not have it sliding around, and banging on rocks or whatever. I have climbed many hills in the past, with a rifle. Using a sling over my shoulder or across my chest. I never could come up with a way of keeping the rifle from sliding around and hitting rocks.

When walking to a stand, with one of my carbines, I found the single point works great.

Comment

Originally posted by Fmjag64 View Post
                My go to with QD quick release on both ends.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/padded-vickers-sling

This is what I’ve started running on my ARs. Little bit pricey, but good quality. Definitely go two point, one points are basically useless imo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BlessedVeteran0305 View Post
                  For hunting, this is all you need. No need for all that fancy tactical bs. Keep it simple.

Comment

Also you of your undecided you can always make one out of 550 cord (paracord).

Comment

I used my 300 BO this season with The Claw, with the rubber grippy shoulder pad. Attachment points were a sling stud on my keyhole foregrip and stud on my A-1 fixed buttstock. I’m about to rig up something similar on my new Grendel - I’m just taking pretty short walks into and out of stand locations, not cross-country or hiking, per se.

Comment

My use will be walking the fields and woods on a handful of Iowa farms (we party hunt). So there will be posting and walking.

Comment

Originally posted by IowaHunter View Post
                          My use will be walking the fields and woods on a handful of Iowa farms (we party hunt). So there will be posting and walking.
                          I slap one of these on all my AR's and use a Magpul sling with two QD studs, the sling clips to itself for single point connection and you can quickly move it up to a QD point on the rifle for two point connection. Works great for using two point for hiking then move to a single point for standing around or actively stalking.

The BCM® receiver end plate with socket for quick disconnect (QD) swivel is machined from steel, and easily accommodates staking. Made in the USA.

Comment

I have an SOB B Sling.
                            It's not as quickly adjustable as it's touted, but I've had it about 3 years and it's not showing any deterioration.
                            It's a 2 point and I use qc.

Comment

Working...
                            X