High school fishing cheaters in DFW

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SabineHunter View Post
    I can't stand thiefs, cheats, and liars, all are in the same basket, no pun intended.

I am also shocked that the names of the minors, not convicted of a crime, are being released to the public.
    I could see a defamation law suit paying for these two cheats college costs and more, including suing the OP. The names should have been blocked out.

Defamation requires the statement made to be false….sounds like they have plenty of proof it is true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      Lots of irony here.

What grounds for a defamation suit? Because someone stated the facts? That won’t hold up.

They need to be held liable with more than a slap on the wrist. Nothing that will change their futures in a horrible way, but something that will let them know that’s not ok.
      The two minors should be punished and fined. The lawsuit is an easy one, there is a reason minor's names are not reported in almost all cases, even slam dunks. Just the trouble of going through a lawsuit is enough to do the prudent thing and not mention names of people not convicted of the crime, especially minors. How can you disagree with that?

Comment

Lots of irony here.

What grounds for a defamation suit? Because someone stated the facts? That won’t hold up.

They need to be held liable with more than a slap on the wrist. Nothing that will change their futures in a horrible way, but something that will let them know that’s not ok.
        I agree completely with you. We all should not give two ****tz about their names being released. Wanna be a big boy then get treated like a big boy.

Everyone tiptoeing around with things like this only feeds their desire to continue. You wanna sue, go ahead and sue.

Comment

The two minors should be punished and fined. The lawsuit is an easy one, there is a reason minor's names are not reported in almost all cases, even slam dunks. Just the trouble of going through a lawsuit is enough to do the prudent thing and not mention names of people not convicted of the crime, especially minors. How can you disagree with that?
          You said defamation. The article states they were charged. But not for what. The person in the article who runs the tournament has every right to speak up and it’s highly likely they signed waivers covers their ***. You claim you hate lawyers. Now you want them to sue for chicken **** stuff that they actually committed? You’re a real piece of work lol.

Comment

To hell with the not naming minors. Laws need to be changed. If you are charged with a crime, minor or not your name should be out there for everyone to know.

Comment

I’ve never had a boss tell me what to “prosecute” in 29 years….that’s up to a county and or district attorney

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                To hell with the not naming minors. Laws need to be changed. If you are charged with a crime, minor or not your name should be out there for everyone to know.
                I agree completely.

Comment

Man you guys are quick to burn someone down

Comment

Sad stuff. Hope the kids learn something from it. Bass fisherman are crazy!

Comment

I can't stand thiefs, cheats, and liars, all are in the same basket, no pun intended.

I am also shocked that the names of the minors, not convicted of a crime, are being released to the public.
                      I could see a defamation law suit paying for these two cheats college costs and more, including suing the OP. The names should have been blocked out.
                      Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                      I agree completely.
                      You are making this way too easy. Yet you hate liars. But here you are. Again.

Comment

Haaaaaaa! I cannot believe the announcers at a high school football game announce the name of the kids involved in a play. The travesty of it all.

Comment

Crazy story, I guess I’m very naive about cheating in a bass tournament.

On another note, I got a warning the other day from Michael and I have never said stuff that has been said all over TBH as of late…. Thought it was strange

Comment

You said defamation. The article states they were charged. But not for what. The person in the article who runs the tournament has every right to speak up and it’s highly likely they signed waivers covers their ***. You claim you hate lawyers. Now you want them to sue for chicken **** stuff that they actually committed? You’re a real piece of work lol.
                            Well done, grasshopper!

For those calling for prosecution by TPWD, what is the crime? Is it illegal to keep legal size bass in a container if under bag limit? Is there a penal code provision regarding cheating in a tournament? Very well could be, I just have no idea.

Comment

Originally posted by 3DW5 View Post
                              Crazy story, I guess I’m very naive about cheating in a bass tournament.

On another note, I got a warning the other day from Michael and I have never said stuff that has been said all over TBH as of late…. Thought it was strange
                              It’s because you’re a psycho that likes this hot weather!

I’ll take my licks for what I say if given. No problem. Needs to be said.

Comment

It’s because you’re a psycho that likes this hot weather!

I’ll take my licks for what I say if given. No problem. Needs to be said.
                                LoL I do enjoy a little heat!!!! Changed shirts 3 times today.

Comment

Working...
                                X