Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
    Killed 3 of my biggest bucks in rainy wet weather. I think I’m going this weekend.
    I understand the thoughts and distance some live from their leases so I see it both ways too,but I’m still going!
    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I live 20 minutes away but with 3 kids under the age of 9 I really have to pick and choose hunting time...that being said, my favorite is hunting heavy rain and being in the stand when it quits, that's a magical time for sure. Just don't know when/if it's going to quit this weekend!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Sure they do but tearing up lease roads for the landowner and getting mud in every nook and cranny of the cabin and vehicles is less than ideal considering all the acorns and green on the ground and low feeder activity. I have done my time in the rain....and its a hard pass for me unless there is a stoopid big deer on camera and even then its questionable. Light rain/drizzle sure ....Heavy rain....no thanks..
      Gotta agree. I love hunting in the rain/drizzle, but it ends up on everything and the roads rutted up until we get another one. One year we decided we would take the trailer and set it up during a downpour. It looked like the entrance to a new rig site after we were done. Horrible idea

Comment

Originally posted by The Crippler View Post
        I live 20 minutes away but with 3 kids under the age of 9 I really have to pick and choose hunting time...that being said, my favorite is hunting heavy rain and being in the stand when it quits, that's a magical time for sure. Just don't know when/if it's going to quit this weekend!

Same here on distance,I live close to my lease.
        The projected chances are pretty strong so if it rains heavy and for a long time it will be miserable to deal with. Living far away from the lease is more of a risk on wasting time and effort on a trip for sure.
        I’ve had good luck though before weather changes and during rainy days so I’m going to at least get a hunt in this evening.

Comment

Another pig down

Comment

I'm going no matter what, I have to take off from work months in advance, so not wasting time off at home. So another 4 day sit starts tomorrow.

Comment

Originally posted by KingsX View Post
              Killed 3 of my biggest bucks in rainy wet weather. I think I’m going this weekend.
              I understand the thoughts and distance some live from their leases so I see it both ways too,but I’m still going!

Congrats on the buck,he’s a great looking buck!!!
              Did y’all have a lot of acorns on the ground when you killed him?

We still have an unbelievable amount of acorns on the ground. Luckily this deer was a regular the past 4 years!

Comment

Man I’m seriously considering it

Comment

May regret it, but I think im gonna try it.

Comment

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Y’all should all just stay home, and I’ll check on everyone’s stuff. Just post coordinators in this thread. Lol, good luck to everyone heading out this weekend

Comment

2018 San Angelo surrounding area season thread.....

Originally posted by TheHammer View Post
                        Y’all should all just stay home, and I’ll check on everyone’s stuff. Just post coordinators in this thread. Lol, good luck to everyone heading out this weekend

Drop me off a couple tons of DD while you’re out.

Looks like the rain will be coming through our area around 3am.

Last edited by txwhitetail; 10-12-2018, 09:10 PM.

Comment

Looks like all the storms are going to stay just north of us. Hunting with the wife for a cull 8 that showed back up this week. Should be a good sit. Good luck to all

Comment

Just got a tornado warning.
                            Storming pretty bad at my house in knickerbocker.

Comment

Comment

Got some rain and high winds early this morning north of Mertzon on my land. It happened pretty dang fast too.

Comment

Working...
                                X