No announcement yet.

Submarine pitcher son's highlights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awesome! I hated hitting against a sub pitcher in our district my senior year (last year). The biggest issue I ever saw out of subs was consistency. Looks like your son has it though, good luck to him

Comment

That's sweet stuff. Does he throw both a slider and a slurve/curve? I thought that's what I was seeing there. That's mean stuff to try to hit.

Comment

My son has a Sub pitcher on his high school team... he says its very hard to catch him... its just different... Good luck to your son!

Comment

Any offers yet? The scouts are out and looking hard this time of the year. Radar guns showing up at the games. Ellis you got a gun yet if not this seems like a good deal.

Comment

Thanks, y'all. Tracker thanks for heads up on gun; as far as scouts, he has been noticed and has committed to play at Navarro College, starting next fall.

Comment

Have you contacted coach David White at Cisco? He is about to lose one of his pitchers to a big 4 year school. Casey Sullivan is the kids name has a good fast ball. In the 90s. and 88 on the curveball.

Comment

Just pulled thread up checking something and noticed the youtube link to the video wasn't on here anymore. So here it is. By the way, he will be pitching at Texas A&M - Kingsville this year.

Comment

Why did he choose that style of pitching? Just curious, seems he will get tired quicker?

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
                    Why did he choose that style of pitching? Just curious, seems he will get tired quicker?
                    Eric first started pitching from that arm slot in about 8th grade, at the suggestion of a select coach. The coach said he was tired of trying to get the kid to keep his elbow up when throwing overhand, so said let's try dropping down. He threw one bullpen on a Wednesday night, then three shutout innings in a game Saturday the first time he ever tried it in a game. Apparently, it's a natural motion for him.

He immediately loved the extreme movement he could get. "Dad, my curve breaks, like, three feet!" he said.

He's mainly been used as a reliever in "high-leverage" situations -- like two on, one out, late in a close game. He tends to get ground balls, which can turn into double plays, or pop-ups. The movement mainly produces off-barrel contact. But throughout high school and three years of college, he has maintained right about a strikeout per inning pitched. He got 9 saves last year at Nebraska-Kearney, which was 19th best in D2.

As far as fatigue, it usually just doesn't become an issue due to his usage in relief.

Comment

Thanks for the comeback, outstanding!! Good luck to the young man

Comment

Glad to. Thank you!

Sent from my SM-J327V using Tapatalk

Comment

Might as well add some college highlights:

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
                            Might as well add some college highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-GRYBG9csc
                            I can see the improvement on his delivery between high school and now.He looks faster and smoother then he did before. Good coaching I am sure.Keep him healthy and your son will have a bright future. Congrats Dad.

Comment

Did he not get any better looks then a D2 and Kingsville? 83-85 from that arm slot isnt an everyday thing.

Comment

Thanks, Tracker. I know you have kind of followed the young man for several years. Appreciate your thoughts on his motion getting smoother and faster. I agree, btw.

Gingib: In a perfect world, MLB would just reach out and grab him. Actually, I -- DAD -- think he pitches exactly like several guys getting paid to pitch late innings in the show. However, right now, I'm really happy for him to be playing for Coach Gonzales at TAMU-Kingsville. That team was the only team in Texas or any state nearby to make the D2 World Series last year, and they have many returners. It will be a good team, and I know that Eric will shine. The Lord has a Plan, I believe.

Thanks so much for your thoughts, sir!
                                Last edited by tradtiger; 10-12-2018, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X