No announcement yet.

Andre Johnson released!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wish him the best. Class act all the way. Played hard and let his work speak for him instead of running his mouth like so many of the Diva receivers.

Comment

Originally posted by lmartin5 View Post
      He was a big disappointment in my Fantasy league this year. The Hopkins kid looks like he has potential.
      Hopkins was good primarily because AJ was the main focus d primary pass threat so defenses focused on him.

Comment

He's a good person and deserving of a championship, just too bad he couldn't get it in Houston for himself.

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
          Kind of like Emmitt? Try another rock that one bounced off.
          Kind of like Earl Campbell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Elvin Hayes, Jeff Bagwell, and I'm sure I missed quiet a few more

And I'm a Houston fan not Dallas

Comment

Originally posted by careybirdwell View Post
            Kind of like Earl Campbell, Hakeem Olajuwon, Elvin Hayes, Jeff Bagwell, and I'm sure I missed quiet a few more

Montana, Farve shall we go on trading names? Salary caps dictate most of these moves and nothing else. And btw, Bagwell played his entire career in Houston. Try another rock.

Comment

Kind of like Emmitt? Try another rock that one bounced off.

Technically Emmitt did retire as a Cowboy..

Comment

And I'm a Houston fan not Dallas
                Hakeem got rings. Not sure why you threw him in there.

Comment

Montana, Farve shall we go on trading names? Salary caps dictate most of these moves and nothing else. And btw, Bagwell played his entire career in Houston. Try another rock.
                  I didn't say it didn't happen in other cities. I just know that most Houston franchises has done it over the years. I'm a Houston fan, and really don't follow other cities.

I also meant Lance Bergman not Bagwell

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                    Hakeem got rings. Not sure why you threw him in there.
                    Because he did not retire as a Rocket

Comment

Definitely Hall of Fame stats but just disappointing that he never had a decent QB. Hopefully, he can get lucky in the next 2-3 years.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Andre.jpg
Views:	4
Size:	58.3 KB
ID:	24367327

Comment

Because he did not retire as a Rocket
                        He turned down 13 mil and was past his good years. That has nothing to do with class, that's just smart business.

Comment

Originally posted by Smell the Glove View Post
                          He turned down 13 mil and was past his good years. That has nothing to do with class, that's just smart business.
                          He was worth everything that he asked for, he earned it. He produced much much more income for the Rockets & the city of Houston

Comment

It's not a "Bad" thing guys. It's not like his contract is up in the Prime of his career and the Texans are letting him go without putting up a fight. He's past his prime and would cost them $16 Million this year for most likely mediocre at best play. They're doing the smart thing (something they haven't been accused of prior to O'Brien being there) and letting Andre walk to provide the best possible situation to sign younger, more talented players we will need moving forward. I'd love to see 'Dre remain a Texan for life; he's the classiest player to put on a Texans uniform and is definitely one of the best Texans of the Young teams existence. But, in the grand scheme of things (Superbowl), he doesn't get you there by remaining on the team at his current salary.

I'd love to see him re-sign at a much lower price, but that won't happen. Andre's biggest problem from the beginning was having his Uncle act as his agent and screw him with an initial low-valued contract.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                              Technically Emmitt did retire as a Cowboy..
                              LMAO... so did pudge as a Ranger

Comment

He was worth everything that he asked for, he earned it. He produced much much more income for the Rockets & the city of Houston
                                He earned 89mil+ doing so. And no, he wasn't worth what he wanted and he proved it in Toronto. Heck, he proved it in his last years in Houston with three consecutive record low years.

Comment

Working...
                                X