No announcement yet.

Which spinning reel freshwater only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for all the input. I ended up buying the Daiwa Revros LT 3000 C. It was $50 plus tax and seems very smooth. I think it will do the job I need it to.
    Last edited by cuttingedge; 01-29-2020, 04:31 PM.

Comment

**** after all that you didn’t even listen

Comment

I had the Sedona and it worked great for a while and liked it. Was not one of my long life reels but I catch Monster fish and really need a tanker to land em I used Shakespeare Agility (several) for very cheap Academy or Wally world which still have on that will not die. 7 bearings (I think) and good bails. Unsure if even still sold? Like $25. Another blast from the past was the ole Mitchell 300 but newer is not the same as the solid made in France originals.

Comment

Originally posted by Stick bow View Post
          **** after all that you didn’t even listen
          I did listen to all of you. In the end my wallet and I came to an agreement on the Revros. It seems as smooth and the next higher model, way smoother than the Penn Fierce II, and it was less money. If it holds up for a couple of years it was money well spent. I do primarily fish with my baitcasters, but sometimes a spinning reel is a better choice.

Comment

I’ve been sold on the Penn Fierce reels. I’m using the 2000 series with 10lbs braid for all my medium light action fresh and saltwater needs.

Comment

Texas is versatile. If all else fails, I have observed folks perhaps from other countries fishing with line found on the shore, wrapped around a can or bottle and the bait thrown by hand. What the heck, if it works! I seriously lived on the beach for days at a time as a teenager and would catch my supper using scraps of line and dropped hooks off Bob Hall Pier, gather some wood and go in to the dunes and cook and eat. Actually a true and fond memory. Those little spade fish had a nice brown colored meat and were so good. particularly if nearly starving. All in fun but a true story from the 60's. Cuttingedge go get em

Comment

Working...
              X