• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bullydog View Post
    ..... Blasphemy

Gonna have to try this one
    Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
    Made some of this last night. Added a can of Beans. Awesome 10 thumbs up.

Even better if two or three cans of beans are added. And throw in some Vienna sausages.

Comment

I finally got around to trying this recipe last night. It turned out real similar to the recipe I usually use. I couldn't find any light chili powder at the local store, but I did find something I thought was light chili powder. Its called chili de arbol molido. It was lighter in color, so I assumed it was light chili powder. I was wrong. I was expecting for this chili not be very spicy since only called for a 1\2 tsp of cayenne powder. I added the 2TBS of light chili powder as the recipe called for. I thought the first bite I took had a little kick. The next bite was the same. By the time I finished the bowl, my sinuses were nice and clear. The chili was not to hot to eat for us, but I dont think it would have won any awards at a contest. After eating it, I decided to google chili de arbol molido. I then realized why it was hotter than I expected Here is the result of my search

Ground Arbol Chili Pepper

Arbol Chili Ground is made with whole dried Chile de Arbol pods. The Chile de Arbol (Spanish for tree chili), also known as bird's beak chile and rat's tail chile, is a small, but very potent Mexican chili pepper. The chile de Arbol a small, plenty hot, bright red chile with a smokey and earthy flavor, is related to cayenne pepper. In pod form the Chile de Arbol is often used to flavor oils and vinegars. Unlike many chiles, Chile de Arbol remains bright red even after drying. In its powder form, Chile de Arbol is primarily used to make sauces, as well as add heat to sauces, salsas and rubs. You can use Chile de Arbol to add fire and flavor with only a pinch to all your favorite recipes.

Im actually going to start adding some of this to my chili from now on. just not quite as much.

Comment

Brrrr....

Time to try this recipe!

Comment

I've been making a slightly modified version of this since I found it here.

It's been a huge hit wherever I take it. Made as much as 10 pound batch for events at work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t stop thinking about how good this turned out yesterday! Will be back on the menu soon for sure, thanks for the recommendation!

Comment

3rd time making this, family loves it. Thanks. Awesome over mesquite fire

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Will Have to Try this out... Cold Weather is a coming!

Comment

Today, i will try,BuckySWT

Comment

Originally posted by hifigadget View Post
                    Today, i will try,BuckySWT

How’d it go?

Comment

thank you for this!

Comment

Originally posted by DidIDoThat View Post
                        I'm going to have to try this, but I'm going to use venision instead of beef. I like beef but that rancher just charges too much to arrow one of them.

this is hilarious

Comment

Tagged

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

At it again with serrano and bell pepper in the mix. This is good stuff!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Been craving a good pot of chili for awhile. Gonna give it a try!

Comment

Ttt for later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X