No announcement yet.

6.5 Accubond 140g

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot some Federal Terminal Ascent 130 gr yesterday and they are dead on out to 500. They look like Accubond or TTSX bullets but not sure what they really are and they are nickel plated. They grouped sub MOA at 100. I just don't know if I want to reload those nickel plated cases even if they are purdy. Also shot some 140 gr long range Winchester white box and the trajectory was identical apparently since with same elevation clicks to 500 yds. The 140gr winchesters actually had the tightest groups at 100yd. I'm looking to try some 143 gr ELD-x but not for hunting. Just something to help me get to 1000 yds on the steel gong.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      I shot some Federal Terminal Ascent 130 gr yesterday and they are dead on out to 500. They look like Accubond or TTSX bullets but not sure what they really are and they are nickel plated. They grouped sub MOA at 100. I just don't know if I want to reload those nickel plated cases even if they are purdy. Also shot some 140 gr long range Winchester white box and the trajectory was identical apparently since with same elevation clicks to 500 yds. The 140gr winchesters actually had the tightest groups at 100yd. I'm looking to try some 143 gr ELD-x but not for hunting. Just something to help me get to 1000 yds on the steel gong.
      Nothin wrong with loading nickel cases. No telling how many I've loaded in rifle and pistol over the years. They do seem to split in fewer loadings though.

Comment

Originally posted by TacticalCowboy View Post
        Nothin wrong with loading nickel cases. No telling how many I've loaded in rifle and pistol over the years. They do seem to split in fewer loadings though.
        Yes they can split easier. I know when I run them thru a full length die it takes a lot more grunt and the cases need to be lubed really good but not too much. The plating makes them a lot more brittle it seems and its just so much less effort with the brass cases. I've loaded a few thousand myself in various calibers. 300win mag and 300 WSM are the toughest. 22-250 ain't bad but expanding 300 WSM to my custom 338 WSM is a definite no-no and will split the neck bout half the time. I'm about to load some 6.5CM nickel cases cause that's what I got for now. Might try some spray lube and see how that works.

Comment

Mid South had some 140 accubonds online today. Price is high at .52 per bullet. With tax and shipping they will run right at $70 per 100. OUCH!
          I bought some 140 Berger hybrids instead.

Comment

Pm sent

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

99% sure I have 2 box's of the 140 Accubonds at the house....

If you are still needing some, send me a PM please.

Comment

Working...
              X