No announcement yet.

Sitka gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I bought a bunch of the whitetail gear in Elevated ii pattern. I have some buddies who have sworn by their stuff. To be honest the only reason I bought it was because I have a connection to where I got 47 percent off. I would never pay retail for that stuff. With the discount, it was cheaper than any other brand stuff I could get.
    Last edited by Arrowthreat; 10-02-2019, 07:58 AM.

Comment

Everything except for their rain gear is nice and worth it. Buy rain gear from somewhere else. I just got back from a high country elk hunt, and all of the guides and outfitter refer to it as "****ka". They have all tried the rain gear and they all said it leaks really bad around the seams. Base and mid layer stuff is great though.

Comment

I love the stuff, have quite a bit of it, but very rarely use it in tx. If I only hunted tx, I'm not sure that I would buy it, for the simple reason is it doesn't get cold enough to wear it more than 3-5 days a year where I hunt in tx, and when it's hot, I can get by with jeans and any shirt, rather than their expensive early season stuff.

Having said that, if you can justify it, it is absolutely top notch stuff. I love every peice that I have, and as a system, it works very well, and is extremely comfortable. I even have a few things in black or dirt colors that I wear for every day stuff.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

Comment

I love my Sitka gear. To me, it’s worth the price, especially since it outlasts cheaper clothing. A lot of cheap camo is sort of disposable...you get one or two seasons out of it before it fades or the material degrades with repeated washes. My under amour and cabelas stuff looked pretty bad after 2 years.
          My oldest Sitka gear is 3 years old and it still looks and feels new.

Comment

I have a ton of it. Here is what I use.

If its hot merino core lightweight half zip shirt and equinox pant.

As it gets cooler, I'll throw on the Stratus Vest and wear the heavyweight merino top.

When its cold, I wear the Stratus Jacket and Stratus Pants. If its really cold, I'll wear the Fanatic Vest on top of the Stratus Jacket. With that set up I don't think there are any Texas temps you couldn't sit all day through.

If you buy pieces that have the wind stopper in it they do a great job of keeping you warm.

Comment

Originally posted by CodyWitt View Post
              Buy once, cry once. People who talk down about it have never used the gear. It’s designed to be used in a system so one piece isn’t working to its full potential without the other parts. I justify the price like this, we spends 10s of thousands a year on hunting, if you can’t sit still in the stand because you are cold and that deer you have so much time/money bust you because you are cold and can’t sit still.... that $300 jacket was mighty cheap compared to missing out on the opportunity you have waited all year on. If you are sitting in a box stand with a heater, it’s probably not for you. Technical hunting and or hunts where you are exposed to the weather, it’s worth every penny.
              I like this perspective!

Comment

In a tree stand in Kansas during winter, you gotta have it. Worth every penny.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
                  School me in Sitka gear!?!? Worth the money?? Only had 1 buddy ever wear it and he swore by it. Can I get lighter weight stuff and layer under it and be good for most Texas hunting? I mostly spot and stalk hunt a lot and already have some camo if I’m gonna sit in a feed when it’s cold or in a box stand if crazy cold. There’s 197 different pant and jacket options from Sitka so someone help me lol
                  It is worth the price. I think KUIU is just as good or better for same price/cheaper.

Comment

Do you need absolutely it? Probably not.
                    Is it worth it? Yes, if you value high end clothing.

I won't say it's the "best" but it's the best made hunting clothing I've seen compared to all the others.

Comment

Originally posted by 44mAG View Post
                      Everything except for their rain gear is nice and worth it. Buy rain gear from somewhere else. I just got back from a high country elk hunt, and all of the guides and outfitter refer to it as "****ka". They have all tried the rain gear and they all said it leaks really bad around the seams. Base and mid layer stuff is great though.
                      I’d like to know what line they used if they really have used it. Mine doesn’t let a drop through anywhere. It’s awesome

Comment

I have the mountain pants and jacket and love them. Sitka, first lite, Kuiu, Six Site are all top quality brands

I have had the Cabela’s Insinct line for a couple years and it doesn’t hold up to normal washing. Color fades and the base layer pills a lot. I prefer first lite base layers and Sitka outerwear

Comment

I have bought quite a bit of SKRE. I like it real well, they have 15% right now.

Comment

Where is everyone buying it at to get these 20%-40% discounts being talked about?

Comment

Originally posted by Trevor73402 View Post
                              Where is everyone buying it at to get these 20%-40% discounts being talked about?
                              I have a buddy who is on their prostaff or whatever they call it. I got all my stuff directly from their website.

Comment

I bought a sitka gear shirt, pants, jacket, hat base layers about 5 years ago and they're still in mint condition, yes its expensive but all the other camo brands I buy they don't hold up like sitka gear does and sitka doesn't shrink at all after washes...the base layers are second to none...I love It...I buy all my sitka gear on ebay brand new....youll save a bunch of money, usually its the older versions but in my opinion those were their best patterns.....

Comment

Working...
                                X