Truest flying broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Smart View Post
    The truest flying broadhead is __________.

TBHers fill in blank with "whatever broadhead I am using at the time"
    Lol for real. Mechanicals will always fly closer to a field tip than a fixed blade. Yes even slick tricks. Every mechanical i've tried flys better than my slick tricks at longer range.

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
      Surprised no one has said rages. Have y’all seen inconsistencies with them?
      Mechanicals all fly true because they are barely bigger than field points. Mechanicals were invented for folks that don't know how to tune their bows to get fixed heads to fly

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

I know last year I had an issue with Rage Hypodermic Trypan. 3 shots from 15, 23, and 31 with misses. ****** I said I would never use them again. WAS NOT the mechanical broadhead as it was the lighted noc not being seated right. Fixed the issue and they fly true. This question you have is going to be a confidence choice for you not a “Truest flying broadhead” since as you can see almost every company and broadhead has been listed. Good luck with you’re search and I hope you whack em this year.

Comment

Get you some NAP spitfires and don't look back. There's a reason they've been around for so long. The original 1 1/2" cut work just as good if not better then the 1 3/4" cut. Have not experience with the 2" cut spitfire, but in my opinion the blade angle is a little to steep, and it's more like chopping than slicing through the animal. Blood trails a blind man could follow, and I seen critters found from marginal shots, that otherwise probably wouldn't have been found If a muzzy or small fixed blade had been used(and I started off with muzzy's when I was in highschool along with all my hunt'n buddies) A big mechanical makes a difference. If you're dead set on fixed. The dirt naps shoot like field points and make a big hole, and you can buy knock off on Ebay called Red Devils for really cheap and they work great(I've been using them on pigs). Some come razor sharp, others you can hit with and AccuSharp and there ready to go.

Comment

This is a loaded question! LOL

Comment

Originally posted by big papa View Post
              I've got to switch broadheads. I have always shot Muzzy 4 blade 125 gr but I can no longer get them. I was wondering what the truest flying broadhead is. I'm wanting something that I don't necessarily have to adjust my sights from where my field points are hitting.
              Not a broadhead issue, tuning and form issue...

Probably not more then a .05% of TBH members that can outshoot their broadheads

Comment

Rage or the GR hybrid.

Gary

Comment

G5 Strikers and Wac Em for fixed blade. Both were very forgiving.

Comment

I personally like heavy cut on impact broadheads since I shoot traditional! My 160grain Ribbtec broadheads fly like darts!

Comment

No rule applies.

Comment

Simmons land sharks sb-10 if lined up with your fletchings correctly

Comment

For me it’s slick trick magnums and rage hypodermics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am gonna say Spitfires!!!

Comment

Muzzy "Switch". Don't know if they are still making them but there are some on ebay.

Kinda gimmicky on the adjustment deal but I set mine at 1 & 1/4" cut and they fly "better than a field point" (google their video review).

Fly as good as any I've used (actually better) and have a BIG CUT for a "fixed" head.

$80ish per DZ (12) on ebay.

Comment

Originally posted by THChunter View Post
                                Simmons land sharks sb-10 if lined up with your fletchings correctly
                                If you have to line up a broad head with your fletchings to get it to fly then your bow is not tuned.

Comment

Working...
                                X