Truest flying broadhead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Truest flying broadhead

I've got to switch broadheads. I have always shot Muzzy 4 blade 125 gr but I can no longer get them. I was wondering what the truest flying broadhead is. I'm wanting something that I don't necessarily have to adjust my sights from where my field points are hitting.

G5 Montec's fly great, just need to be sharpened before use.

Comment

If your setup is tuned well, and you get the same weight broadhead as your field point, most any of them will fly well!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I won’t shoot anything except slick tricks 1” standard and NAP spitfires. I had to change from muzzy too. Never would fly good past 35-40 yds. These 2 fly good to 70.

Comment

slick tricks.....i found that in a pack of the 4 blade muzzys i couldnt get them to all spin test without a wobble....i could switch the trocar tips to different ferrules and get some correction. they mass produce those aluminum ferrules and their tolerances arent as tight as they used to be. i have never had an issue with the slick tricks not spin testing perfectly.

Comment

QAD Exodus. Tough blades and they absolutely fly the same as we field points.

On a general note, I think that the bigger the cutting diameter, the less likely they will fly like a FP. Bigger blades are more affected by the air (not just wind) so it's a trade off you have to make. Some blades are more aerodynamic than others which is why cutting diameter is not the only factor.

Comment

Slick Trick standard or magnums usually fly really well

Comment

Slick Trick Mags

Comment

Originally posted by Bisch View Post
                  If your setup is tuned well, and you get the same weight broadhead as your field point, most any of them will fly well!!!!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                  BINGO!

I have been shooting in the afternoons and field points, slicktricks and Grimreapers all grouping together.

Only problem I have found is a Slicktrick/lighted nock combo. And I think the problem is the nock throat is too tight. Mechanicals group so guessing having blades out gives enough steer to the front that it cannot correct?

Comment

I shoot Muzzy 4 blade 100 grains, Montec 100 grains and Black Hornet 100 grains...they all dead on with field points out to 70 yards.

Comment

If you bow is tuned and the arrows spin true then most of the good heads will fly great. For the best flight I would think about smaller heads in terms of cut diameter and length. Some of the very best I have seen are Iron Will and Wac’em. I have also had great flight out the smaller slick tricks and vipertrick. Lots of heads will fly good enough if we do our part.

Comment

Most all quality broadheads will fly true if your bow is properly tuned. Your field tipped arrows should match your broadhead tipped hunting arrows in weight and spine if you expect them to impact the same.
                        If you can't achieve the matching results then sight in with the broadhead tipped arrows, and practice with the same arrows before the hunt.
                        Last edited by Jimbo47; 09-11-2019, 07:33 AM.

Comment

Well tuned bow. properly spined arrows and Ramcats!

Comment

G5 Strikers, Wasp Hammers, and Slick Trick Mags all fly with my field points.

Comment

From what I have researched, I'm telling you now, if you haven't looked at the Annihilator Broadheads, you are doing yourself a disservice. They may not have a giant cutting diameter but they leave a hole. I have 3 packs being shipped my way Friday!!

Comment

Working...
                              X