No announcement yet.

Duck Season 2018-2019

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Might try getting on some this Saturday with my pops, weather isn’t looking good but it’ll be a good time with or without ducks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

News birds seem to be coming down on tail of the front.

Had 15 mallards try to land in our spread when we had boats out, drinking coffee and shootin the breeze. They weren’t too bright

Comment

Originally posted by CJ776 View Post
        News birds seem to be coming down on tail of the front.

Had 15 mallards try to land in our spread when we had boats out, drinking coffee and shootin the breeze. They weren’t too bright

What area is this?

Comment

Originally posted by Razrbk89 View Post
          It’s pitiful up here this year. Tons of water, very few ducks.

I’ve been thinking we needed a few bad seasons to get rid of some of the problems we’ve developed, but it’s not too fun at this point!
          I second this, and by problems, I mean the duck dynasty, sky blastin, face paintin, kazoo blowing, no decoys "hunters". They always give me dirty looks when I offer for them to come hunt with me so at least I tried

Comment

Didn't see anything on lake waco this morning. Couldn't even find birds running around in the boat after we got done.

Scared up one group of 4 mallards in a little slough.

Been really slow. Got access to a gravel put by the river that should be a gold mine, and best hunt has been 4 birds.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
              Didn't see anything on lake waco this morning. Couldn't even find birds running around in the boat after we got done.

Been really slow. Got access to a gravel put by the river that should be a gold mine, and best hunt has been 4 birds.

Saw a report NE is about to get hit with a blizzard. I hope it drops 6' of snow there and in KS.

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                Saw a report NE is about to get hit with a blizzard. I hope it drops 6' of snow there and in KS.
                That would help!

Comment

Public with some private invites. Will likely expand range to Oklahoma and Kansas next year. With the birds hanging up until mid late December, it's time to move.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8245.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	90.9 KB
ID:	24564244

Name:	IMG_8242.jpg
Size:	80.3 KB
ID:	24564245

Name:	IMG_8231.jpg
Size:	64.3 KB
ID:	24564246
                    Got my first two green wing drakes this morning and ended with 5 total. Loving this 20 gauge shooting number 6’s and 4’s. It’s a deadly combination for these ducks.

Comment

A little blast and cast this morning with my son. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20181222_112100360_HDR.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	142.8 KB
ID:	24564266

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post

I think it slowed down Wednesday of last week in the lake- on Monday we shot 7, Tuesday 8, then one single mallard Wednesday morning. We need some more birds in. You guys on the north or south side?

Comment

Originally posted by em12 View Post
                          I think it slowed down Wednesday of last week in the lake- on Monday we shot 7, Tuesday 8, then one single mallard Wednesday morning. We need some more birds in. You guys on the north or south side?
                          Only up north, do you know a place to.put boats in south?

I live by koehne. But its closed. Way more birds I've seen south. But I'm not launching flat rock and driving to the south.

Comment

had a good hunt this morning around sulphur springs. 30 birds, 20+ GWT with some mallards and bootlips mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
                              had a good hunt this morning around sulphur springs. 30 birds, 20+ GWT with some mallards and bootlips mixed in.

Not far from me. We shot a 3 man of mallards, buddy went to Cooper Lake shot pintails and gadwalls. Maybe it’ll get cold and push more birds this way.

Comment

hypothetical question - Bands
                                How should or would you handle this situation
                                So a number of years ago we found ourselves on a guided hunt for geese. We had a good hunt, shot 60+ geese with 7-8 guys in the field. I was a paying customer and had my dog with me, the only dog in the field. Birds fell everywhere with each volley and most the time my dog could only retrieve 2 maybe 3 birds before we had another group locking up and we had to cover up and get the dog laying down. So at some point during the hunt my dog brings me a banded snow. Later in the day when things slowed we were picking up dekes and birds and I found another snow with a band. I called both bands as mine, not necessarily b/c i believed i shot them but b/c I found them so to speak. Some of the guys in the group were a little upset, but nothing to bad. Over the years I've seen some heated arguments when it comes to who shot a banded bird.

My reasoning for calling the bands is b/c no one really knew who shot what and it really just came down to luck, maybe since i had the only dog in the field the odds were tipped slightly in my favor. But still it wasn't like anyone knew for fact who shot what.

Do you think I handled it correctly? How would you have liked to see a scenario like this handled?

Comment

Working...
                                X