No announcement yet.

Which Camera to Film Hunts for YouTube?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very informative video Michael, thank you for sharing!!!

Comment

Hey Michael, is the Panasonic still the way to go, or is there something better since you published this?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can’t say I’ve followed the camcorder world recently. I’m sure there are “better” cameras, but that’s were your budget considerations come in.

This video is more about what features, for factor, etc. you might want to look for in a camera, and the reasons I think each is important for filming bow hunts. Those considerations still apply.

The Panasonic is definitely suitable. The Sony AX53 (I think that’s correct) is very similar in feature set, and I’m sure there are others that are similar from other manufacturers.

Let me know if you have specific questions and I’ll try to help.

My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
          Hey Michael, is the Panasonic still the way to go, or is there something better since you published this?

I'm rolling with the Panasonic HC-V770 based on Michael's videos and couldn't be happier for my small time youtube postings. It was a nice step up from my smaller Panasonic 1080 camcorder during the day and at night hunting pigs with a sniper light.

Comment

I just bought GoPro 9. Makes for a nice secondary inside the blind walking around cam. recommended.

JJ

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
              I can’t say I’ve followed the camcorder world recently. I’m sure there are “better” cameras, but that’s were your budget considerations come in.

This video is more about what features, for factor, etc. you might want to look for in a camera, and the reasons I think each is important for filming bow hunts. Those considerations still apply.

The Panasonic is definitely suitable. The Sony AX53 (I think that’s correct) is very similar in feature set, and I’m sure there are others that are similar from other manufacturers.

Let me know if you have specific questions and I’ll try to help.

Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
                I'm rolling with the Panasonic HC-V770 based on Michael's videos and couldn't be happier for my small time youtube postings. It was a nice step up from my smaller Panasonic 1080 camcorder during the day and at night hunting pigs with a sniper light.

Thanks Smart. I’m just always leery about buying something that’s already outdated when I take it home, particularly electronics.

Comment

Originally posted by txheartshot View Post
                  Thanks Smart. I’m just always leery about buying something that’s already outdated when I take it home, particularly electronics.

Understood.... the 4K version of the camera is available as well and you can film in 1080 using it still. I just didn't see me wanting to invest in the equipment Michael said I'd needed to process the videos in 4K since I just bought all new laptops for the wife and I. The V770 in 1080 was perfect for me and what I do on youtube.

Comment

I am using a Canon T3 dinosaur to film mine at the moment.
                    waiting for someone to hand me 2000$ so I can go buy a nice mirrorless Sony...

Comment

I just got a new panasonic hc v770. Now I've got to start figuring it out so if anyone has any pointers on ease of use or equipment such as tree arms or tripods please pass it on because I am completely clueless.

Comment

Working...
                      X