Early rut action?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early rut action?

A couple days ago, on a pipeline through a ranch in Matagorda county, I saw a buck and doe running about 300 yards from our Polaris. I assumed they were running from us but then it became apparent that he was chasing this doe. They came straight toward us, stopped within 50 yards and stared at us for a few seconds, then she took off running again toward us and he chased her into some brush. Didn’t really seem to care about us at all. Anybody else seen bucks showing interest yet? Is this normal at this time of year, because I had always assumed this is way too early for rut activity

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Saw a little buck in front of my house yesterday in Beaumont. First one I've seen this year. He was on a mission.

Comment

Its been on here in the coastal counties for a couple of months or so, so I've been hearing..

Comment

Bucks are ready as soon as they shed velvet. Saw 2 bucks chasing 2 wks before opener and one yesterday evening. The doe just keep running and staying away from them. Couple more wks and it will be really good around East Tx.

Comment

Seen a decent buck chasing a doe about 3 weeks ago right out in an open pasture. Rut is always early here in Matagorda County. You miss it if you don't bow hunt.

Comment

Typical of matagorda county.

Comment

Not unusual at all for coastal areas. The rut is always ahead of inland counties for whatever reason. I'm sure there's some science behind it.

Comment

Starting to kick off here in Lavaca,dewitt county area

Comment

It’s the tail end down here. Activity has really slacked off.

Comment

Comment

Right on time here in Williamson County.
                      We had three different bucks make scrapes in the front yard the other day.

Comment

Watched a 10 point chasing a doe this morning from my back porch in Liberty County. I check for hogs with night vission nightly and with the approaching full moon the deer have definitely been running around this week every night.

Comment

I have seen 2 buck mid day crossing my road this week in rusk county and new bucks showing up on the game cameras ��

Comment

Teenagers will start getting the does ready tomorrow when it's cool. Big bucks saying naw, let the young ones get them ready. Nearly a month too soon in Mills county.

Comment

Doe’s do come in early sometimes. At the same time bucks do chase does even when not in full rut. They are curios playful animals to my knowledge as well. Many times on the stand I seen doe’s bring a buck across. This cold front moving in tx is going to bring things up. Got to think acorns fell on time and almost picked up , weather is almost perfect. Moon phase is 3/4 when that moon gets full in a couple days it will be on I can almost guarantee prerut action will show. Mid October to the end of October is magic around north east tx. I’m guessing 1st week of November it will be full swing. Usually hits hear for the first 19 days of November.

Comment

Working...
                              X