No announcement yet.

Give me some room!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dusty, my family used to have land further down on 485 from your turnoff, and I know those roads well. It's a bad road with no shoulder, some dangerous curves, and lots of young people using it to get to Fort Hood and A&M. If you're hauling something or driving a tractor, well, prayers to you.

Used to be a trooper we knew well that would work that road but I haven't seen him there in years.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
      I guess Texas needs to outlaw large horse and cattle trailers on narrow roads.

She slowed down to let him pass.
      No, just go close to the speed limit.

Just because she knows there is 2 miles of flat clear road, doesn’t mean he is familiar enough with that to pull out and pass a truck and trailer combo.

All I am saying is a deceleration of the flow of traffic causes far more accidents than speeding.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Were you breaking the law going 48 mph in a 70 mph zone?
        Probably.

“A person shall not drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable forward movement of traffic.” Texas Transportation Code –Section 545.363,

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
          Probably.

“A person shall not drive a motor vehicle at such a slow speed so as to impede or block the normal and reasonable forward movement of traffic.” Texas Transportation Code –Section 545.363,

They take this more seriously in some other states. Out West you’ll find turn out areas on two lane roads and it’s illegal for a slow moving vehicle to force several more vehicles to form a line behind it. If passing is unsafe because of traffic in the opposite direction or other conditions, a slow moving vehicle must turn off the roadway wherever a sufficient area exists in order to permit the vehicles following to proceed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I knew this would drag in a bite from a couple...

Comment

I love 485. So many good memories taking to College Station and back Home.

But that being said there are so many stupid people on that road.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Interesting y'all are quick to say I'm violating the law butnot a word against the idiot who was tailgating and turning on his bright, which is considered aggressive driving. If he was at a safe distance behind me he could have easily seen the road ahead. Plus, the yellow dashes indicate a passing zone. And solid yellow means no passing. And, with 2 miles to pass not a car was coming in the other direction because a train had stopped traffic. But I guess yall overlooked that in your haste to criticize me.

I drive this road every day. When I don't have a trailer I drive the maximum speed limit. But everyone tailgates me anyway. And when I turn on my turn signal in a no passing zone on that blind curve, they still pass me.

This is a FM road not a highway.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
                  Interesting y'all are quick to say I'm violating the law butnot a word against the idiot who was tailgating and turning on his bright, which is considered aggressive driving. If he was at a safe distance behind me he could have easily seen the road ahead. Plus, the yellow dashes indicate a passing zone. And solid yellow means no passing. And, with 2 miles to pass not a car was coming in the other direction because a train had stopped traffic. But I guess yall overlooked that in your haste to criticize me.

I drive this road every day. When I don't have a trailer I drive the maximum speed limit. But everyone tailgates me anyway. And when I turn on my turn signal in a no passing zone on that blind curve, they still pass me.

This is a FM road not a highway.

All I was pointing out is that there are 2 sides to this. You were both at fault.

And I took all of that in consideration. You might consider the safety hazards in slowing the flow of traffic down 20+ mph
                  Last edited by Playa; 10-06-2019, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    All I was pointing out is that there are 2 sides to this. You were both at fault.

And I took all of that in consideration. You might consider the safety hazards in slowing the flow of traffic down 20+ mph
                    And some people might appreciate others being safe and chill. Myself, if ever have to pull a trailer of size, I will probably go a bit slower so my reaction time isn't quite as critical. If people have a problem behind me and can't bring it upon themselves to pass, then shame on them, especially if I slow down to allow them to pass.

Comment

Dusty I pull cattle trailers all the time I love it when I have a load of calves and get tailgated they back off with the wipers going. I have thought about placing a barrel with a remote controled pump in it that I can spray water out on them.
                      To the grumblers the jack wagon who tailgates is the one breaking the law.

Comment

Wow, you and I think alike.

Tracey, you are fine in slowing down. It's obvious to most that a truck and cattle trailer are heavier than a single car and thus it takes longer to slow down (or speed up). Quoting the law and disregarding the term "reasonable for safe operation" and overlooking the fact that one vehicle behind you is not impeding traffic flow.

Comment

Working...
                        X