Broad Head Of Choice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broad Head Of Choice

So, I'm curious, what is your broad head of choice, and why?

Do you use different heads for different applications, or use one head for everything?

Have you had issues with a certain type causing a change, or used only one head specifically without incident?

I used Grimm Reapers for years, but have changed to G5 Montecs. The reason is trying to eliminate any room for failure. Thinking I'll use the Reapers on Turkey.

Just curious, thanks
    Grumpy

I typically shoot rages for deer. But keep other heads mainly because I like to tinker and try new broadheads, mainly use them on pigs. Rage is what I have the most confidence in. Have used rages because I haven’t had a issue with them and they have saved me on some shots when I mess up, big holes and big blood trails are what I like.

This year I have in the lineup:
    200 gr massai
    Sevr
    Reaper micro hybrid
    Rage no collar
    Slick trick grizz trick
    Magnus black hornet
    Just to start it off

Comment

magnus stinger simply the most accurate fixed head I have ever shot and they out penetrate just about any other head ( every one that have shot),,, I do not ever have to worry about if the blades worked right, they always do,,, superb company to deal with too,,,, 2nd to that magnus black hornet,,, to me there is no close third

I do not shot a lot of mechanicals but if I do it is the grim reaper 1.5" cut,,,

I will not ever shoot a rage I have seen and heard of too many failing for different reasons,

Comment

Rage Hypo' again this year. Shoot spot on and have never failed me. Leave a blood trail that is a thing of beauty.
        If it aint broke don't fixed it.

Comment

Slick Trick Viper Tricks. Fly like field point, shatter bone, and leave good blood trails. Switched from Mechanicals due to penetration issues and no room for error on bone contact.

Comment

Nap killzone dang awesome heads . Of course I think just about all Nap heads are pretty good . I wish they still made the fixblade that twisted the best flying broadhead I ever shot and left a heck of a blood trail .

Comment

Rage Chisel Points... Because they were 15 dollars on sale and they work.

Comment

I've always been a reaper guy. 1 3/8 razor tip has killed many of critters for me. I keep a slick trick or two in my quiver in case I need to dispatch something twice. I've shot some deer with slick trick, viper trick, grizz trick, rage, and GR. I like that 1 3/8 reaper the best. If I have a magnum boar come walking in, I usually swap for a slick trick to make sure I get a pass through.

Comment

Still old school here Muzzy 3 blade why change they work

Comment

I've been shooting NAP Spitfire Maxx for the past 5 years or so. Never had an issue out of them. They fly straight and leave a good blood trail.

Comment

Sharp.........But all kidding aside I shoot G5 Striker.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
                        Nap killzone dang awesome heads . Of course I think just about all Nap heads are pretty good . I wish they still made the fixblade that twisted the best flying broadhead I ever shot and left a heck of a blood trail .
                        KillZone fan here. Have used them the last 4 years with no issues. I do have some Hypos as well but will go to them when I run out of KZ.

Comment

Originally posted by mchunter67 View Post
                          Still old school here Muzzy 3 blade why change they work
                          same ^^^

Comment

Interesting to see the belief in everyone's particular broadhead....which makes me think they're all good. Wonder if the question would be better asked what broadhead has failed you...and was it the broadhead...or user error?

Comment

Originally posted by cgny27 View Post
                              Interesting to see the belief in everyone's particular broadhead....which makes me think they're all good. Wonder if the question would be better asked what broadhead has failed you...and was it the broadhead...or user error?
                              Old school rages. Was not a fan of that O ring design. That's the one that failed me. I have not tried the Hypodermics, so cannot comment on them.

Comment

Working...
                              X