vehicle shortage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vehicle shortage

Was @ the local Toyota dealership today for warranty work on the Highlander. They had 16 new cars on the lot. They normally have about 100. Slim pickins! Good thing I'm not lookin for a new vehicle right now!

My truck broke down a couple weeks ago and I feel like I got super lucky that I found a rental

Comment

Let me guess...covid.

Comment

Got offered 20k for a ‘15 Silverado with 120k trade in, was expecting way less.. sold it for 25k within 20 minutes on CL..

Comment

Yup dealerships wont sell anything less than sticker. Computer chip scarcity is driving all of this and yes, covid brought it on.

Comment

Glad I bought mine in January. Things are crazy right now

Comment

Someone's statement about "cure will be worse than the disease" is coming to fruition.

Comment

Originally posted by hpdrifter View Post
                Someone's statement about "cure will be worse than the disease" is coming to fruition.
                Yep. Its not covid but the response to covid.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

The dealer where I bought my truck in February had 70 or 80 new trucks . Now they have less then a dozen . Went to San Antonio last weekend and every lot from Victoria to San Antonio have jus a few trucks but lots of cars .

Comment

Drove by Fred Haas this weekend. They had significantly fewer cars on the lot than normal.

Comment

Totaled my wife’s car a few weeks ago and it’s been a nightmare finding a replacement. Finally bit the bullet and just overpaid because it was the only way to get something we wanted.

Comment

My fil put his ram 2500 on Craigslist and had a buyer within 3 hours. My fil had been watching thr market and had his truck listed $7,000 higher than book price. Buyer paid it and didn't bat an eye.

Comment

Originally posted by bobby314 View Post
                          Let me guess...covid.
                          Best excuse ever, for everything

Comment

I posted this on the thread about shortages. Kept getting emails from the local Ford dealer that I can upgrade from my 2019 F250 with a 6.3 gas engine to a 2021 F250 with a 7.2 and pay less per month. So I decided to go in and see what this was all about. Sure enough, they appraised my 2019 XLT with just over 34,000 miles at $40,000 on a trade in- the only problem is they don't have any and can't find any 2021 FX4 Super Duty XLT's anywhere. My wife called every dealership between Hughes Springs and Livingston and there are a few Lariats out there but nothing else that is a gas burner.

Comment

DM Leasing contacted me to see if I wanted to break my lease with them. They can’t find any trucks right now. Said he’d set me up in a car or suv for about half the normal price.

Comment

Working...
                              X