man that's looking so good. Great work.

Comment

Still amazed at this build.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCanesFan View Post
        Still amazed at this build.
        Spot on

Comment

Strong work is continuing to be performed here.

Comment

Best 30 minutes of my day reading this thread. Fantastic build !!

Comment

Your Texas flag is upside down.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                It sure is!! Please fix it soon! Flying the Texas flag upside down means there is war or blood shedding on Texas soil.

Thank you!

Comment

Man this has come along well! Great workmanship! Awesome!

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                    I have tons of friends that want to come the ranch to hang out/hunt but not a one has helped with getting it built.
                    That's a shame, and unfortunately seems like this is often the case. I have been blessed with a few good friends that are willing to get their hands dirty with me, but also have a lot of 'friends' that don't even know the most basic etiquette for being a guest at deer camp.

Great pics, the build looks amazing, and I really enjoyed seeing the evolution from the start with the framing, to where you got the deck finished and were kicking back reflecting, and finally later on closer to completion where you have family/friends enjoying the space.

I built an 8x32 deck in front of my place and I remember that day vividly. Ran all the batteries dead driving countless deck screws and the chargers couldn't keep up.. had just a few boards left to go so I ended up hot-swapping batteries to get things done. Kicking back on that finished deck with a cold beer.. priceless memories.

I wish you and your family lots of joy and great memories in the space you've created. God bless.

Comment

Originally posted by smokeless View Post
                      Thank you! I will get that corrected asap.

Comment

This is amazing!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by cj_sandman View Post
                          That's a shame, and unfortunately seems like this is often the case. I have been blessed with a few good friends that are willing to get their hands dirty with me, but also have a lot of 'friends' that don't even know the most basic etiquette for being a guest at deer camp.

Great pics, the build looks amazing, and I really enjoyed seeing the evolution from the start with the framing, to where you got the deck finished and were kicking back reflecting, and finally later on closer to completion where you have family/friends enjoying the space.

I built an 8x32 deck in front of my place and I remember that day vividly. Ran all the batteries dead driving countless deck screws and the chargers couldn't keep up.. had just a few boards left to go so I ended up hot-swapping batteries to get things done. Kicking back on that finished deck with a cold beer.. priceless memories.

I wish you and your family lots of joy and great memories in the space you've created. God bless.

Thank you and everyone else for the kind words. It is far from complete but I can finally see the light at the end of tunnel. Every trip out is always work related, but instead of working 14 hours each day we are slowing it down to only 6 or so, so we can enjoy it more. I cannot wait to be 100% complete!

I can tell you that having this forum to post the progress has really help me stayed focused, and you all inspire me to continue the hard work through all of the wonderful comments received.

Thank you!

Here are some leisurely photos from this past weekend:
                          Attached Files

Comment

Beautiful, enjoy it as much as you can! Thanks for sharing your adventure with us.

Comment

Amazing place, living the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by wlee15 View Post
                                When I was looking for a property I wanted to find an area that had a good view to build a cabin. I wanted to make sure I had good southern exposure to the roof-line for Solar Panel placement on the roof. I found a great spot with good Northern Views out the Front of the Cabin (Pic1) and the the East (Pic 2)

We cleared out the area, it was not very level, but that's ok. The front of the cabin will have a large deck on it, which would be a great place to place Water Storage tank(s) underneath when I install the water catchment. I believe that the elevations change from 6" off the ground at the back of the cabin to 6-7 feet off the ground in the front. Its 24' front to back.

I decided that a concrete foundation would be WAY to expensive. Pier and beam was the way to go. I considered using Cedar Posts and Beams, but I want this cabin to last a very long time. I decided to use Steel instead of wood for all of the framing, making it last longer that I will. I choose 3" square tubing for the pier and the main beams with 2" runners. I also place 1.5" angle Iron across the bottom of the runners for added strength and 1.5" square tubing for angled gussets from the mail beams to the piers (not in these pictures) but you will see them later on in the build.

I had NO experience welding but my best friend Andy did so we just decided to get after it.

You may have answered a long time ago but, how the hell did you drill down for your “pier”?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X