Susan collins is voting against amy barrett

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilar View Post
    Well maybe she is voting under her voters choice, technically she represents the people, not a party
    But I hear what you’re saying
    Also, I dont keep up with what is going on with her and her constituents but she must not be keeping them happy because she is currently behind in her re-election bid.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
      Never understood why coastal Maine was so liberal. Fishing industry is the mainstay of coastal Maine and the Dems have about regulated them out of business. Why kiss the foot that keeps kicking you?
      That's what I thought after spending time up there. After he retired, my buddy took over his family's Maine multi-generational commercial fishing business. He was the one who was "encouraged by a judge" to join .mil back when that was actually an option. 20 years later, he's back to being a full time "Mainer".

His view and most of his family's is commercial fishing in the NE is similar to ag in Texas and most places. Fewer and fewer people go into it, and the dem's don't understand the economic multiplier that industry provides to the entire local and regional economies.

It's often viewed as something that the "rich" inherited, even though anyone in that industry understands well it takes a lot of balls, hard work and fearlessness to make it year after year.

The US is soft, the dems want it softer. Hard times create great men, great men create great times, great times create soft men and the cycle continues.

Comment

Originally posted by Artos View Post
        I'm mostly curious to which one or two dems vote for her.
        Same-- she's supremely qualified (get it?) and a lock, especially after her confirmation. True colors will show I think.

Comment

Working...
        X