Laguna Atascosa 2021

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tiburon1 View Post
    No. I live in Harlingen, am an accountant, but have a place in the Arroyo.

I gotcha. Where we stayed last year in Arroyo there was a neighbor who’s name was Tiburo I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
      Who all is hunting the 4th to 9th hunt? First archery hunt.

I’ll be out there 11/5-9, as well.

Anyone else going solo PM me so we can link up. Looking for places to stay and guys with strong backs to carry out my quarters lol

Comment

Originally posted by Huntindad View Post
        Me & my group will be on the first hunt 5th - 9th. Will be there on 4th to scout around.

Where are y’all staying??

Comment

we got a house in Laguna Vista

Comment

For folks in thea area... How is the ground cover there now? and the graound. Is it real muddy or decent. Headed down that way this weekend.

Comment

For folks in thea area... How is the ground cover there now? and the graound. Is it real muddy or decent. Headed down that way this weekend.
              It's coastal flat land in some areas, sparse brush in areas, and thick as you know what in others. The roads are decent so long as it doesn't rain. But if it does, the none caliche roads are nightmares until it dries up. I imagine the grass on it is super high with all the rain we got this past spring and summer. I wade close to horse head (Rattle Snake Bay) island, which is in Unit 5, and the grass is super tall on it.

Comment

Thanx, I was afraid of that. Don't know when they will mow the roads.

Comment

This place sounds interesting, I would like to give it a try. Where is it located, what do they charge to hunt there? Is it open year round, can you hunt year round?

Comment

Went down there this weekend. Not as wet as I thought it would be. But, with all the rain, the grass is way high. What may look like open areas on google are very thick tall grass. Tripods will be much needed down there.

Comment

Originally posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
                      This place sounds interesting, I would like to give it a try. Where is it located, what do they charge to hunt there? Is it open year round, can you hunt year round?
                      You have to draw through TPWD. It’s down by south padre.

Comment

Went down there this weekend. Not as wet as I thought it would be. But, with all the rain, the grass is way high. What may look like open areas on google are very thick tall grass. Tripods will be much needed down there.

Like how tall are we talking?

Comment

waist high and higher.

Comment

Out in the open areas? Or all through out the refuge?

I’m sure it will get knocked down somewhat before the hunts start. Lack of rain will will help.

Comment

areas that were not in a marsh/sand flats are high in grass. I walked about 250 yards from a road to get to an opening on google maps. the path looked like mesquite and sand/dirt...wrong it was almost inpenetrateable.

I don't know what will knock the grass down. Will rain more between now and the hunts. The little canals had water in them making it hard to scout when you hit a wall(I was not gonna wade through that crap)

All in all, what may look like broken mesquite and easy to walk is really thick grass in the mesquite.

They started mowing, but have a lot to go. Spreading them thorns everywhere

Comment

The wind and the grass dying due to the weather change and or lack of rain of that happens. Google maps is very deceiving for that land down there.

Comment

Working...
                                X