No announcement yet.

I Don't Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He may be on of the crusty old guys that think they're more important than anybody else or just a defeatist.
    Knew one that bragged he'd been sitting next to promotion to salary job for 16 years. Bragging.

There is all kinds out there. Some will help you gain knowledge and some will just drain you.
    Appreciate the former and smile and say yes sir to the latter.

Comment

Keep working hard and learning. Odds are you have more education than he does and you just might end up in position to be his supervisor at some point

Comment

In the grand scheme of a big company he is right. None of us matter. At some point we all can and will be replaced. Those that realize this work hard to make sure it doesn't happen anytime soon . Those that think they are irreplaceable seem to find the door sooner than they thought. We all matter to someone. Keep your head up and be as good of a hand as you can. Remember ,every dog has his day, some just bark louder than others.

Comment

Do your job well. Support your coworkers and the company and earn your position and check every day.
          But remember your job is not your salvation and does not determine who you are and your value.

And like AC said, get thicker skin. Mental toughness is key to survival.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't sweat the small stuff. Have a great day Llanohunter10!

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
              I'm a Trainee at a chemical plant on my way to be certified in a month and was just told by one person that right now, I Don't Matter. He said right now you're just a trainee and that i dont matter. Even when i get certified I'm only certified on one job so I'm not going to matter for a while at this plant. Was kind of a bad way to start the day and i dont know who ****** this guy off today. He works an opposite shift as me and i have said MAYBE 5 words to this guy before hand. I come in early everyday, work hard to learn my area for certification, and complete all my tasks on time every time. I know i cannot help by picking up overtime, but does that really mean i dont matter? Sorry just venting.
              You should have told him, it would mean more, because really, we don’t matter.

Comment

I thought this was going to be some kind of metaphysical existential type thread. In the grand scheme of things none of us matter as individuals, it is as a whole that we matter.

But yeah that guy just sounds like a ***** lmao.

Comment

Only people I care about have opinions I care about.

Seriously, I wouldn't have given it the 30 seconds others would. :-)

Comment

Hate to tell ol' boy but nobody matters as much as they think they do. At any company you're replaceable. Everyone is.

Comment

These plant jobs aren’t like most other jobs. You can’t let your feelings get hurt real easy or you won’t make it.

Comment

Those types are in every workplace. They're cancerous people. I always like telling them to have a nice day and give them a big smile. They really like that.

Keep doing your job to the best of your ability every day.

Comment

Guess I am old. I remember a time when it was a rite of passage and you had to earn your place on a team. He is probably right if your new you probably don't matter. That does not mean your not a good hand just means you still have a lot to learn. Just do you work hard and earn his respect. Also grow a thick skin because he may just be an ***** and his opinion may not matter. Do you and remember today when your in his shoes.

Comment

Give him his medicine right back. You’ll prolly end up being buddies with him.

Oh and you matter or you wouldn’t be there.

Comment

I get that i should pay him no mind and get thicker skin. But i feel this comment would be more geared toward a person who is a POS who does the bare minimum and goes home. I feel that I have been a valuable member of this team and have helped out in other areas of the plant to learn and retain knowledge that may be beneficial to me in the future. If i'm not helping others or doing my job in my area, I'm face down in my manuals and outside tracing systems to learn and ask my trainer questions and senerio's to gauge where and how to respond in an emergency situation. To do all that and still be told i dont matter kinda sucks.

Comment

I like to go with the "agree and amplify" method. Usually gets someone on the same level of anger as a smile and wave after they flip you off in traffic.

Most people I've come across that act like this are right above the competency level to not be fired.

Comment

Working...
                                X