I Don't Matter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I Don't Matter

I'm a Trainee at a chemical plant on my way to be certified in a month and was just told by one person that right now, I Don't Matter. He said right now you're just a trainee and that i dont matter. Even when i get certified I'm only certified on one job so I'm not going to matter for a while at this plant. Was kind of a bad way to start the day and i dont know who ****** this guy off today. He works an opposite shift as me and i have said MAYBE 5 words to this guy before hand. I come in early everyday, work hard to learn my area for certification, and complete all my tasks on time every time. I know i cannot help by picking up overtime, but does that really mean i dont matter? Sorry just venting.

He's got a poor attitude but it's true that it'll be a few years before you're truly an asset to the team IMO. Maybe he was just messing with you though.
    Last edited by ElfEyes; 09-21-2021, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Don’t let a guy with a poor attitude mess with your mind set! He is probably a slug and acting disgruntled to play off that he is lazy.

In this day and age when a high percentage of hard to fill jobs exit due to lazy *** peeps every hand is important.

Comment

Some people are verbally kind of like a bully. They have to pick on someone else to convince themselves that they are better or more important.

Comment

Worked with plenty of caustic old bastids in the last 40 years. Pay them no mind.

Comment

Just agree with him and follow it up with an “ain’t it great”.

Comment

There's one on every shift. Let it roll off your back. If he can tell it bothered you, he will persist. My guess is he will leave that job before you do.

Comment

Bro you need to get some thicker skin. I bet that guy forgot all about you 30 seconds after he walked by. Here you are posting this because he’s still in your head. He wasn’t lying. You’re at the bottom on the company ladder. So what. Climb it! You should have just smiled and said yep! You will run into adversity like that in almost any profession. Let it roll off and keep on working towards your own goals.

Comment

It only matters if you believe it. Life is too short to let people determine your outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
                    Some people are verbally kind of like a bully. They have to pick on someone else to convince themselves that they are better or more important.
                    LOL...Don't we all know, somebody like this.?

Comment

Originally posted by LlanoHunter10 View Post
                      I'm a Trainee at a chemical plant on my way to be certified in a month and was just told by one person that right now, I Don't Matter. He said right now you're just a trainee and that i dont matter. Even when i get certified I'm only certified on one job so I'm not going to matter for a while at this plant. Was kind of a bad way to start the day and i dont know who ****** this guy off today. He works an opposite shift as me and i have said MAYBE 5 words to this guy before hand. I come in early everyday, work hard to learn my area for certification, and complete all my tasks on time every time. I know i cannot help by picking up overtime, but does that really mean i dont matter? Sorry just venting.
                      Why do you even care?

Comment

If you didn't matter you would not be there. Keep on learning and doing your job the best you can. Don't worry about negative people!

Comment

Why would they be paying you if you didnt matter? Sure, you are low man, low value to the company right now ( as we all were at some point ), but they are investing in you.

Also agree that some guys are just ....jerks

Also I have found that most people are basically worthless. Unless he is known as a great worker, solid asset etc, he is probably a pos like most people. And him saying that unprovoked is evidence to that likelihood

Comment

That same crusty old fart was in the same spot as you at one time so don't pay attention to that. At this point in your career you are more of an investment than an asset. Your employer obviously saw something in you that made them take a chance on you. Train hard,be involved even when it's not the job you are working. Always listen,at some point even the crusty old guy may tell you something you need to know. And grow a thicker skin.

Comment

Your already a better person than the gentlemen with the opinions, the fact you have done what he has failed to recognize and that is that it's wrong. His opinion isn't productive if it doesn't affect you so let it go.

Comment

Working...
                              X