2021 Hagerman Hog Hunt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Army of Dad View Post
    Y’all check your email for some good news.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I'm not drawn, so no email- spill it.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
      Good to know. Most of the managers I've run into are good. It's the federal game wardens that have a reputation. But, I suspect they see a lot.
      I've only had one encounter with a federal game warden up there. I was sitting in my truck at one of the parking lots outside of one of the unit gates after scouting before a turkey hunt. He drove up behind me and got out and walked over. He was wondering what I was doing so I told him. Then I picked his brain about where he had seen turkey around the H. He loosened up and I got some good info.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
        I'm not drawn, so no email- spill it.

They lifted the requirement for non-toxic ammo for the pig hunts this year because of the ammo shortage. My sense is this is a one of so any future visitors to this thread be forewarned they are likely going back.

Comment

That is a good deal, I've often wondered if some type of waterfowl could eat a shotgun slug, buckshot- and I've never seen waterfowl in areas other than the planted fields or water.

Comment

Anyone do any good on the first weekend?
            Last edited by jnd1959; 03-12-2021, 03:05 PM.

Comment

Me and a buddy got four in two days

Comment

"only 29 of a possible 85 hunters actually hunted during Segment A, but 83 hogs were harvested"

Comment

Saw that email from Hagerman. good news all around. Looking forward to it with a little cooler temps.

Comment

Were the ticks bad out there?

Comment

I was out there over the weekend walking around with the kids and found a tick on my shirt after I got home. Really did not go into the thick stuff so they are definitely still out there.

Comment

Permethrin on your clothing and you won't have to worry about them, ever, until you need to reapply it 6-8 weeks later. Once it dries, it's oderless too. And it can be washed.

Comment

I’ll second the permethrin. I used it on my clothing before the hunt and had no issues (as usual) during the hunt.

Comment

Slow day...walked 10 miles and did not see one. Back at it tomorrow.

Comment

Well, I saw piggies but not close enough to target with my bow. Put in a good 9 miles. Quite a bit for an old fat guy. Didn't hunt sat evening or Sunday. Figured the hoggies had pretty much fled the state. Heard alot of shotguns go off, especially Friday morning. My clothes were already sprayed so no little buggers. Saw a few snakes and deer but no turkeys. Did see some enormous tracks though. There's a huge tom in them woods. Any bigger and I would have guessed velociraptor. I'll go back next year. This was kind of a scouting trip anyway. Marked some oaks that produced and some rub lines.

Comment

Anyone know where this is?

Comment

Working...
                                X