Hagerman Hog 2020

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boomerball View Post
    I bought a rifled barrel for my 1187 this year and these slugs did the trick

Great sabots. Better than the old style. Little pricey, but they’ll reach 200 yards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      Haven’t posted in a while. My hunt started off Friday morning with the long walk down BM. Got past the second field and saw a lone boar trotting to the right of me in the swamp. Launched a slug at him and hit gut. He doubled over and hauled it. Never found any blood in the mud and water. Put in close to miles before I moved to Goode.

Got about two miles in to Goode when I spotted a sounder of big hogs about 60 yards in the thicket. Got down in the prone position and put my crosshairs between the eyes of a sow facing me. Right when I was about to pull the trigger, another stepped in front of her, perfectly broadside. I figured one in the hand is better than two in the bush, so I let the Brenneke Super Sabot fly.

Pigs went running and when I looked up, I saw a pig doing the dirt dance. Walked over to her and there was the base of the slug sticking out of her head!

I thought that to be a bit odd since I “thought” I was aiming behind the shoulder. Just then, I looked to the right and saw a ridiculous blood trail.

Followed it for 10 yards and found the actual pig I was aiming at dead under a downfall.

Two pigs with one slug. How sweet is that?! The slug hit the first pig in the heart passing through and striking the other pig in the head.

We also stayed at the Cove. We were in spot number one.

Anyway, here’s the pics:

Originally posted by Blood Trail View Post
      More pics:

Nice pigs and write up Leon! Helluva "passthrough".... Congrats!

Comment

Congrats Leon

Comment

Working...
        X