Skidsteer Tiller Opinion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Skidsteer Tiller Opinion

Has anyone used a high flow tiller on a Skidsteer before? I’m thinking about buying an 84” one for a couple places I can’t get the big tractor into for food plots this year but I’ve never heard of anyone using one so I’m not sure how well they work or don’t work. I’m only looking for maybe an acre or two each at the max so they won’t be very big. Any insight would be appreciated

I’m in. Curious as well

Comment

The one we have works good. It'll definitely turn the soil!! The only down side is roots and little sticks/limbs. They can get wrapped around the shaft and you have to get them out. But it's not hard, just lift it up and spin in reverse.

Sent from my moto g stylus using Tapatalk

Comment

Bought a cheap one from Richie bros last year. Decent rig. All I had to do was swap all the bolts and lock nuts on the tines. Very pleased with it. Seems a lot more efficient than the 3pt rig I have for the tractor

Comment

Ok I’m ordering one, thanks for the insight gentleman!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmoore2006 View Post
            Bought a cheap one from Richie bros last year. Decent rig. All I had to do was swap all the bolts and lock nuts on the tines. Very pleased with it. Seems a lot more efficient than the 3pt rig I have for the tractor

What size skid steer are you using and were you using a high or low flow model? I’ve got a couple 299D3 XE’s but I’m curious if the high flow works very much better, I know the high flow stuff sucks a lot more fuel as well so I’m thinking about a low flow tiller but on the fence.

Comment

Originally posted by Kong View Post
              What size skid steer are you using and were you using a high or low flow model? I’ve got a couple 299D3 XE’s but I’m curious if the high flow works very much better, I know the high flow stuff sucks a lot more fuel as well so I’m thinking about a low flow tiller but on the fence.

299 cat as well and I don’t run it with high flow pinned out. Too fast. The drive motor for this cheap thing is sized for 12-16gpm low flow is honestly getting it high flow is way too sketchy.

Comment

Good info to know, thanks!!

Comment

I have a used skid steer rotary tiller i have no need for any longer. I ran it on a JD 333D. It is made by Quick Attach. I can send pictures and it is located in Victoria. Sell for $4800

Comment

Working...
                  X