New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
    No cost besides admitting to an agency with a not so great track record of being upstanding people that you committed a crime and are in possession of an "illegal" firearm.
    So since you register the actual weapon as an SBR and not the brace. Could you just register any weapon as an SBR for free and say it has a brace??? I may be completely misunderstanding this.

Comment

I heard it has to be a pistol brace first...no registering your stack of 20 lowers lol
      Arfcom saying you are admitting to a felony...
      Millions of submissions will tie up the stamp approval process by...years and years?
      Let’s not forget the AFT has no problem burning women and children alive

Comment

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
        https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...s-used-convert

On January 13, 2023, the Attorney General signed ATF final rule 2021R-08F, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” amending ATF’s regulations to clarify when a rifle is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder. The final rule was published in the Federal Register on January 31, 2023.

It was published in the Federal Register on Jan 13.^^^^
        No. The AG signed it on the 13th. It has yet to be published.

Comment

Originally posted by Anon View Post
          I heard it has to be a pistol brace first...no registering your stack of 20 lowers lol
          Arfcom saying you are admitting to a felony...
          Millions of submissions will tie up the stamp approval process by...years and years?
          Let’s not forget the AFT has no problem burning women and children alive
          They are claiming they hired and trained more examiners so the approval process for other forms doesn't slow .

As for the admitting to a felony, you for sure are. If they have decided the gun you have is an SBR and you go to register it, you are admitting you have been in possession of an unregistered SBR.

Comment

Don't do it !

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
              They are claiming they hired and trained more examiners so the approval process for other forms doesn't slow .

As for the admitting to a felony, you for sure are. If they have decided the gun you have is an SBR and you go to register it, you are admitting you have been in possession of an unregistered SBR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Where are our politicians that claimed to be 2A to get elected?

Comment

Originally posted by chrisk View Post
                  Where are our politicians that claimed to be 2A to get elected?
                  Haha “our,” you’re funny...probably busy banging Chinese honey pots

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                    No crime was committed, they just changed the rules mid game. Which I suppose in retrospect tells you all you need to know about the character and morals of the agency you are about to offer unnecessary data to
                    Incorrect. Sort of. So you send these fools all of your information as well as pictures as proof that you already own the gun. The “I got you” part of it is when after 120 days these snowflakes still haven’t given you their blessing, you now have in your possession something that is illegal. We all know that it would take them years to process all of the applications for approval. AND you’ve already proved their case for them by sending them pictures of it. Aside from that, there are so many other legal issues with it that I don’t think it will ever see the light of day. But they’ll keep on trying.
                    Last edited by PVDT; 01-21-2023, 02:47 PM.

Comment

It’s a trap no way they can process that many in 120 days over 40 million owners in the public

Comment

Originally posted by skelsey View Post
                        It’s a trap no way they can process that many in 120 days over 40 million owners in the public

Are they going to arrest 40 million of us and put us in prison?

I’m not sure what will happen but there’s no way they can imprison 10 % of the country for this.

Comment

I thought I read you only had to apply by the deadline, not receive approval and all.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                            https://youtu.be/DggOmUXxVWY

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                            Great video

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

I’m not sure what will happen but there’s no way they can imprison 10 % of the country for this.
                              Hiring about 2 million new federal correctional officers would be a great jobs program…. not to mention potentially millions of temporary construction jobs to build thousands of new prisons.

Comment

Originally posted by kyle1974 View Post

Don't put it past the Democrats to try and lock up a huge chunk of R voters and/or make them felons unable to vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X