New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New ATF Pistol Brace Ruling

Please be aware of the pistol brace ruling from the ATF. Anyone owning these will need to register it as a Class 3 SBR, convert it to a rifle, or destroy it. 120 day days from January 13 th is the grace period until it becomes illegal in its current configuration . Click the link to see the info:

The ATF’s newest pistol brace ruling may force gun owners to register their firearms or face felony charges, stay up to date with ATF Rule 2021R-08F here.

Comment

It's 120 days from publication. It was signed on the 13th. It has not yet been published.

Comment

I predict an uptick in boating accidents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

It will not stand up to any legal challenges...

Comment

Originally posted by Clay C View Post
            It's 120 days from publication. It was signed on the 13th. It has not yet been published.

Bingo

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Did I read that you can register it at no cost during the 120 day period? If so you can essentially make it a SBR and avoid the tax. But if the below VVVV occurs and it does not pass legal muster, then you have willingly and needlessly registered a weapon with the fed gov

Originally posted by Johnny Dangerr View Post
              It will not stand up to any legal challenges...

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                Did I read that you can register it at no cost during the 120 day period? If so you can essentially make it a SBR and avoid the tax. But if the below VVVV occurs and it does not pass legal muster, then you have willingly and needlessly registered a weapon with the fed gov

No cost besides admitting to an agency with a not so great track record of being upstanding people that you committed a crime and are in possession of an "illegal" firearm.

Comment

No cost besides admitting to an agency with a not so great track record of being upstanding people that you committed a crime and are in possession of an "illegal" firearm.
                  No crime was committed, they just changed the rules mid game. Which I suppose in retrospect tells you all you need to know about the character and morals of the agency you are about to offer unnecessary data to

Comment

guess mine are destroyed...

Comment

Funny to me. This administration wants to take out our rights for multiple semi autos and braced pistols. They also just said that to compete with the US government we’d need nukes. Well why take away from us if we need nukes and tanks. Freaking joke. Come and take them. I don’t own a single gun registered in my name.

Comment

Today, the Department of Justice announced it has submitted to the Federal Register the “Stabilizing Braces” Final Rule, which makes clear that when manufacturers, dealers, and individuals use stabilizing braces to convert pistols into rifles with a barrel of less than 16 inches, commonly referred to as a short-barreled rifles, they must comply with the laws that regulate those rifles, including the National Firearms Act (NFA). In April 2021, at an event with President Biden, the Attorney General directed the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives (ATF) to address the issue of stabilizing braces.

On January 13, 2023, the Attorney General signed ATF final rule 2021R-08F, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” amending ATF’s regulations to clarify when a rifle is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder. The final rule was published in the Federal Register on January 31, 2023.

It was published in the Federal Register on Jan 13.^^^^

Comment

I was pretty sure this day would come so a few years ago I just went and got a sbr tax stamp for a couple of my lowers so I didnt have to fool with the brace.

Comment

This is me when it comes to the information in this post
                            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Brush to Bay View Post
                              https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/justi...s-used-convert

On January 13, 2023, the Attorney General signed ATF final rule 2021R-08F, “Factoring Criteria for Firearms with Attached ‘Stabilizing Braces,’” amending ATF’s regulations to clarify when a rifle is designed, made, and intended to be fired from the shoulder. The final rule was published in the Federal Register on January 31, 2023.

It was published in the Federal Register on Jan 13.^^^^
                              Has it been officially published or just noted somewhere? Because as of the 18th is was not..
                              Last edited by npe001; 01-20-2023, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X