No announcement yet.

Anyone work for Northrop Grumman?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No "magic" just yet. It was narrowed down between me and someone internally. We will see what happens. Should find out by next week.

I sincerely appreciate the good vibes from y'all. Thank you. This community is filled with fine folks that care about people.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck.

Comment

If it's filled by the other person, don't let your heart drop. Sometimes they find voids in other positions to fill. Or create new jobs to retain talent. Big companies are like that sometimes.

Example: my youngest child, who hasn't graduated collage, yet, was narrowed down against someone with a PhD in Marketing, at his current job. My boy has a lot of experience in corporate training programs and development. The company hired them both: the PhD to fill the position. And my son as an associate for that position. But heading up Media Development for the Marketing team. He works directly with the VP for marketing in visual media development for training for employees, and commercials for the public.

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
          If it's filled by the other person, don't let your heart drop. Sometimes they find voids in other positions to fill. Or create new jobs to retain talent. Big companies are like that sometimes.

Example: my youngest child, who hasn't graduated collage, yet, was narrowed down against someone with a PhD in Marketing, at his current job. My boy has a lot of experience in corporate training programs and development. The company hired them both: the PhD to fill the position. And my son as an associate for that position. But heading up Media Development for the Marketing team. He works directly with the VP for marketing in visual media development for training for employees, and commercials for the public.
          Good stuff! That is very exciting for your son.

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Best of luck Clay!

Comment

I have you in my prayers to get this job, Clay!

Comment

Good luck. I believe things work out the way they are supposed to in the end.

Comment

Thought I'd bring some closure to this thread. I ended up not getting the job after three interviews, but that is totally ok. On the phone call to let me know that I was not selected, they told me they were going with an internal candidate (hard to argue that!) They also said the director was very impressed and the hiring manager asked to keep my number in the event another position opens up. I gladly said yes as I was impressed by all of them in the interviews. It would have been an excellent change of pace. All this happened around the 2nd week of July.

Fast forward to today, and it's my last day in my current position at American Airlines. I
                  am still with AA, but I have accepted a lateral move to become a Sr Analyst within the Abensce and Return Center. Essentially what I'll be doing is expediting FMLA cases for folks who've racked up a ton of absences and are about to lose their job due to that, but have pending FMLA. It's something that my current role brushes up on, but I'm ready for a new challenge and I am really excited. I have a lot to bring to the table with this job and hope that I can make an immediate impact. Time will tell, but it's great for the growth of my career.

Thanks for all of the thoughts and prayers you all provided. About 2 years ago I didn't know what my future would hold. The Green Screen has provided me a mentor that I can chat, and that gentlemen selflessly gives me his time when I need to bounce ideas of someone. For that, I am very thankful. I'm also thankful for all those who have cared to take time to read my posts and follow what's going on. Thanks again! New job starts Monday. :P

Comment

Good on ya, Clay!

Comment

Fantastic and congrats!

Comment

Good stuff, congrats on your new role.

Comment

Glad you have something, Clay! I've also got family invested in AA today going back to my Grandfather, who was a flight instructor until his father passed in the early 1950s.

Comment

Working...
                          X