Public land muleys in texas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Public land muleys in texas??

Are most public land mule deer hunts on public draw hunts now?

Or are there some areas that you can hunt without a draw?

Any info will help, just curious may want to try to hunt Muleys some day.

I know there is some public land north of Presidio, tx. that you can get on without being drawn.

Comment

grahamvan, please tell us more about the public hunting land that we can hunt without being drawn. Is there a website that you can link? How far north of Presidio and on what road? Is there any contact information? Phone numbers and email?

Comment

My message above was actually for Seth7.

Seth7, can you please let us know more about the public hunting land north of Presidio?

Comment

Lake Meredith National Recreation Area

Comment

Lake Meredith National Recreation Area is the only place in the state with public non draw opportunities. The place Seth7 mentioned is not open yet and does not have public a public access due to private property surrounding it.

Comment

This is on my list for sometime in the next few years. If you guys were interested in a group hunt I may be interested . A Mulie is on my bucket list for sure.
              thanks Anthony

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                This is on my list for sometime in the next few years. If you guys were interested in a group hunt I may be interested . A Mulie is on my bucket list for sure.
                thanks Anthony
                I would like to be a part of that for sure.

Comment

Your best bet to kill a mule deer in Texas is to get a deer lease in mule deer country or do a guided trip. You have a better chance drawing a tag than killing one at Lake Meredith.

Comment

I'm with pandhandlehuner.. No deer at lake Meredith. I wouldn't even bother going

Comment

There's many units in NM that have pretty easy draw odds for mule deer with tons of public ground; and the drive is probably about the same as the panhandle for most.

Comment

Originally posted by BigCountry101 View Post
                        I'm with pandhandlehuner.. No deer at lake Meredith. I wouldn't even bother going
                        There are some out there. I lived in Fritch for 3 years and hunted the lake often. But if you’re looking for a mulie your chances there are very, very slim.

Comment

Not many deer at Lake Meredith. Nothing there but fields of blaze orange.

Comment

Originally posted by Grizz83 View Post
                            Not many deer at Lake Meredith. Nothing there but fields of blaze orange.
                            No joke it gets to be ridiculous at how many people are out there during season. That and people driving deer through canyons on horse back and whatever else. Its funny talking to the rangers about stuff they get out there and how many people don't have the sense to brush up on deer species and knowing the difference between a whitetail and muledeer.

Comment

Originally posted by Bama View Post
                              thanks Anthony
                              ^^^ This^^^

Comment

Working...
                              X