No announcement yet.

TPWD Drawn hunts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Been applying for 8 years and have drawn something every year but one. Have drawn in the Wma areas three times and killed a Nilgai cow and had to cancel a bow only hunt. Drew 3 this year
    Private lands, archer deer, and exotic. I only put in for the harder ones but seams like I just get lucky

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've put in for 4-5 the last 4 years. I've been drawn twice, both times for gator at JD Murphee and once it got cancelled because of Harvey.

Comment

Been putting in for 8-10 hunts per year for 10 years. Got drawn this year for the first time.

Comment

I usually put in for 10 or 12 hunts a year. I have 6 or 7 preference points in most categories. I have been drawn for one hunt for myself and my dad so far (after our fourth year of applying). Having said that though I usually only put in for what I consider to be the more premium hunts. These hunts also have lots more applications so it's gonna be harder to draw a hunt for these locations. I'm okay with that because I feel like it's worth the wait on a better higher percentage hunt with a chance for bigger critters to shoot and animals I have never hunted (like mule deer).

I've put my kids in for several hunts the last couple of years. My son drew a mule deer hunt this year and killed a nice mule deer buck and doe. Only hunt they have been drawn for so far. The location only had one person (permit) allowed to hunt so I had to put him and my daughter in separately.

Comment

Put in for 21 this last year and got drawn for three.I usually put in for more but drew the three hunts in August so after that I was just managing preference points. I will usually put in for 40ish hunts and most years get drawn for something. Some of those hunts are low odds hunts some high odds.

Comment

Working...
            X