No announcement yet.

Lower Rio Grande NWR east lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There’s a nice place across the high way that has good food and cold beverages. The wings are especially good. Take everything you need because there isn’t a wall mart close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sweetinlow660 View Post
      Well the packing starts tomorrow. Me and Goose are headed down to Raymondville on Wednesday. Gonna scout on Thursday and then give em heck on Friday and Saturday. Staying at the La Quinta if anyone wants to meet up and philosophize about life in general.
      Good luck to y'all Zack.

Comment

Well the packing starts tomorrow. Me and Goose are headed down to Raymondville on Wednesday. Gonna scout on Thursday and then give em heck on Friday and Saturday. Staying at the La Quinta if anyone wants to meet up and philosophize about life in general.

Good luck Sweet. I went two weekends ago and had a blast. I didn't get to bring anything home, but I took a shot at a doe but I rushed the shot due to her getting close to walking into the brush and shot over her. I saw several nilgai cows, does, and one nice wide 8pt. Came across a nice bull that had been dead for several days.
        One guy shot a juvenile bull but that's it. We saw some rut activity also. Best of luck to you

Comment

We are trying to get down Wednesday as well. Kid said he may have a test Thurs am. Is the LaQuinta about the same distance as rest. If so I’ll try staying there as well.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
            We are trying to get down Wednesday as well. Kid said he may have a test Thurs am. Is the LaQuinta about the same distance as rest. If so I’ll try staying there as well.
            Yes they're all around the same distance. The only difference would be price. Good luck Glen, bring home a big one.... FYI game warden (Longoria) stopped by in the evening of the first day. He gave other hunters warnings on different violations and gave me a citation for expired tags on my dads truck (i borrowed his truck in case i got a big one) He was really looking for any little thing.

Comment

Good luck interested in your reports. I’m headed there in February

Comment

Sweet. Just packed. Rifle. Bono’s 2 stools- small blind- shooting sticks- backpacks. Two ice chests. Just checked and it all easily fits in my Prius. Leaving truck at home. Ive started leaving the diesel burner in driveway unless pulling boat or trailer

Comment

Good luck guys. Please pass along some updates. My 15 yo drew for a hunt in January. He’s pretty stoked.

Comment

Have no idea if we will connect tomorrow. We scouted today. Put over 8 miles on the boots. Saw a total of 9 Nalgai and a few whitetail. We have a place in mind that is 3.6 miles from parking lot. Gonna have an early walk in and hoping a slow heavy walk out with

Comment

seeing 9 Nilgai is a good sign. Were any of them in range?

Comment

Originally posted by txhushlife View Post
                        If it makes ya feel better people do take these animals with arrows! not saying go in there with a .243 but don't feel that you need the heaviest of gun to take these animals, shot placement is everything in my opinion. if you look up and study the anatomy of these animals and know where your heart shot is then that should help you out as well.

I've tried looking up nilgai anatomy without much luck

Comment

How's the hunt progressing?

Comment

Good luck Glen and Sweet. It looks to be a pretty morning. I hope you guys get something. Please jeep us updated...im headed to work

Comment

Oops...keep

Comment

Get em Glen! Hope you and the kid have a great day!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X