Shnf '18-19

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ChiefWhackABuck View Post
    I feel you, I haven't shot since HF and I swung by. I feel like I'm gonna be pulling shots left and right.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

I am stuck in my box. So I set the triax up. And restrung my trx38. They stretched a bit. So she got new ones.

Comment

Originally posted by dmack View Post
      I wouldn’t know how to act with a multi pin. Have not had one in ten years. Besides, most shots are within 20 and 30 yards. I set it at 25 and hold high or low. And always shoot the same arrow. Same weight , fletching, broadhead, knock. Every little thing can change arrow flight. I want them to fly better then I can shoot them. So they won’t let my bad shots miss.

I think that’s what I plan to do. Been practicing like that. I’m just talking about shooting carbon arrows at 3D and shooting maybe fmj’s or whatever you hunt with and having the single pin makes you completely switch up unless you have another sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I am stuck in my box. So I set the triax up. And restrung my trx38. They stretched a bit. So she got new ones.
        Sweet, what strings do you use? I've heard winners choice strings are pretty good. Also if I paid you 20 bucks or so could you cut down my arrows that I brought by last time? They drop pretty fast past 25-30ish yards.

Comment

Originally posted by HighwayHunter View Post
          I think that’s what I plan to do. Been practicing like that. I’m just talking about shooting carbon arrows at 3D and shooting maybe fmj’s or whatever you hunt with and having the single pin makes you completely switch up unless you have another sight.

I hear ya. That makes sense.

Comment

Sweet, what strings do you use? I've heard winners choice strings are pretty good. Also if I paid you 20 bucks or so could you cut down my arrows that I brought by last time? They drop pretty fast past 25-30ish yards.

Premium mathews strings. They don’t let us use other strings. And no big deal on the arrow cutting. Just swing by sometime.

Comment

Ah okay I gotcha, forgot about all those sponsorship caviats. And thanks if I have the time I may swing by this weekend if you aren't busy. And if you come to the meet up opening weekend of bow seasom I'll pick up your lunch tab [emoji108]
              Premium mathews strings. They don’t let us use other strings. And no big deal on the arrow cutting. Just swing by sometime.

Comment

You’re sponsored by Mathews? That’s awesome man! I’m about to pick up a new hyperforce for deer season[emoji23]

Comment

You’re sponsored by Mathews? That’s awesome man! I’m about to pick up a new hyperforce for deer season[emoji23]

Kinda. But I think this will be our last year. We are tired of always being on the road. And ready to spend time doing other things. Like my boat. Ten years for me and twenty for the wife. That’s long enough. We will still shoot some. But not like we have been doing.

Comment

Happy fourth of July guys, stay safe out there. Someone hit my car last night and fled the scene. Found out where he lived so we are gonna visit today. He was definitely drunk or high sadly enough, so watch yourselves.

Sorry to hear that. I'd be filing more than a police report.
                    Hopefully it'll all work out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

And on this rainy day we celebrate the Fourth of July. The birth of the country. And also the birth of this years spike killer. [emoji3]
                      Looks like a doe killer to me....I mean spike.
                      That's usually how it happens.....

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                        New this year I believe. At least I don't remember it previously. Must purchase aph to apply for doe permits I'm happy about that as I haven't drawn one in a couple years.hopefully that will increase to odds of being drawn and everyone wont just click to apply that may not even hunt it since it's a free application.
                        I've sent a couple emails and spoken to someone at TPWD about this. This is their first attempt at making things better.
                        They are aware that people are applying for the tag that don't even live in the area, and have no intention of hunting in the Sam.
                        They see a free tag and apply. Once they win the tag they start looking for the dates of the "hunt" and then realize their mistake.
                        I've asked them to consider making the tag transferable. If not a straight transfer, then an option would be to be able to collect the tags issued to people that won't use them and allow them to be sent back and re issued.
                        If any of you get a chance, y'all should send an email or give them a call and voice your opinion. They are actually very receptive to ideas. At least they listened and who knows what may come of it.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          Sorry to hear that. I'd be filing more than a police report.
                          Hopefully it'll all work out.

I would have, cop said if I dropped him I'd end up behind bars though. Funny how the justice system works. First he hits my car while intoxicated. Leaves the scene, and then lies to the cop about it while we had a piece of the car left behind as proof, and still didn't get arrested.

Comment

Kinda. But I think this will be our last year. We are tired of always being on the road. And ready to spend time doing other things. Like my boat. Ten years for me and twenty for the wife. That’s long enough. We will still shoot some. But not like we have been doing.

Cool to 24 year old me who’s fairly new to the world of archery. I could definitely get into something like that. If you don’t mind me asking how did you get into that?

Comment

Cool to 24 year old me who’s fairly new to the world of archery. I could definitely get into something like that. If you don’t mind me asking how did you get into that?

Legend has it you have to be such a good archer that no spikes in the Sam are safe. When that happens, they will find you.

Comment

I would have, cop said if I dropped him I'd end up behind bars though. Funny how the justice system works. First he hits my car while intoxicated. Leaves the scene, and then lies to the cop about it while we had a piece of the car left behind as proof, and still didn't get arrested.

Can't arrest him for DWI, because he can't prove it. However he should be able to issue a ticket for leaving the scene, which I think is a felony.

Comment

Working...
                                X