Doves! Opening Day success thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another fast and crazy 5 limits from the special whitewing area west of SA. Son of a ***** were there a bunch of birds. The biggest problem was choosing which one to shoot![emoji23][emoji23]. Took us about 1.5 hours for all 5 folks

Last edited by Smart; 09-02-2018, 07:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Another fast and crazy 5 limits from the special whitewing area west of SA. Son of a ***** were there a bunch of birds. The biggest problem was choosing which one to shoot![emoji23][emoji23]

Awesome stuff. I love special white wing season more than general. Not sure why I just love shooting the white wings. We had very easy limits just outside of corpus this weekend.

Comment

Plenty of birds just South of Breckenridge yesterday evening

Comment

Got my first dove ever on my second time dove hunting. Even though I only killed one, I’m not mad. Had a good time. Great learning experience. Beautiful ring neck that I’m thankful to get.

Comment

Some great memories for my twin 7yr old boy’s first dove hunt. Couldn’t believe it, but one of them killed his first dove by himself with his 410 Pump. Proud dad for sure. We had great hunts and limited out. They even wanted to help me breast them out.
            Attached Files

Comment

Talk about a rough morning, could hit water from a boat.

Almost 2 boxes of shells and I got 2.

Comment

It was still a little slow over by 471 in SA yesterday, was able to manage 7 birds. The guy we were hunting with is an outfitter and he said a lot of people are struggling all over the place in SA/Rio Medina area.

Comment

Limited out in about 3 hours on Saturday

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Comment

Not as many flying as last year but had a great time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Hope the weather hold up for the evening would like to get out there today

Comment

We had more birds than expected down in Mercedes...Farmdog lost the big field from the flood but was able to massage the smaller field closer to the house. Said the flowers were completely underwater at one point.

It all sorta came together last minute & difficult to commit the out of towers for a successful trip which was a bummer. Easy limits both days & man was it HOT.

Good to see Dave, Eldog & Legdog...sorry Agdog & crew couldn't make it this year!!

Saludos!!
                        Attached Files

Comment

Ok fellas, I have NEVER dove hunted, is it really that much fun?

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                            Ok fellas, I have NEVER dove hunted, is it really that much fun?
                            It's by far my favorite...doesn't happen often, but if they are thick during our 2 week late season around Christmas / New Years, I'll be at a tank hammering birds vs sitting in a blind during the rut. Yeah, it's a hoot.

Comment

We had 37 limits out of 39 people in one field on Saturday. In total we killed 1500+ birds for the weekend. We have openings next weekend if anyone is interested. Flatlined outfitters out of El Campo

Comment

At lease in Ozona.
                                Limited out both Saturday & Sunday
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X