No announcement yet.

Doves! Opening Day success thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My oldest and I didn’t see lots of birds but here is 30 of the ones we saw [emoji6]

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      I gotta say seeing pics of you guys with your young kids in the dove field really makes me smile. It brings back a lot of great memories. My boys are grown now and live away so we don’t get to hunt together much anymore. I know they miss it to....
      My wife and I will get our first foster placement any day now. I’m excited to get the opportunity to adopt a kid or two so that I can make some of these memories of my own!

Comment

Originally posted by bullets13 View Post
        My wife and I will get our first foster placement any day now. I’m excited to get the opportunity to adopt a kid or two so that I can make some of these memories of my own!

That’s awesome man. Stoked for you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mexico View Post
          90 a day is the limit

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Jeez! That’s insane. Sounds like a whole lot of fun though

Comment

i killed 50. 10 white wing 40 eurasian

Comment

Can’t wait until Monday afternoon to hopefully get on some birds. Drove past my dove lease Friday evening on the way out of town to scout and saw a couple hundred flying over one spot I was thinking of setting up. Hopefully they’re still around when I can be out there.

I think next weekend my 6 year old is going to go with me with his 410 snake charmer. Hoping I can get him on a bird or 2. That’s the same gun I started hinting with when I was 5
              Last edited by tommy1005; 09-01-2018, 10:05 PM.

Comment

Pretty much what it's all about right here fellas. We had a great time then with birds and even today with just a few. Urban sprall has gotten us I guess.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Day 2 anyone?

Comment

“Day 2 anyone?”

I am waiting on a bird report. If the news is good I will head that way for the afternoon hunt.

Comment

nice pics, thx for sharing

Comment

yesterday morning was terrible in Archer county, saw 11 birds far off, no shots. called around , no birds anywhere. got a call about lots of birds outside Terrell. packed up, made the 3.5hr drive, got in the field at 5 had a limit by 7. 30min from my home

Comment

Originally posted by jbhunting39 View Post
                          Day 2 anyone?

Ha-ha! Aren’t most dove hunters too hung over to hunt on day 2?

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                            I can't wait to wake up the people in the 300k houses across the road
                            So how’d that work out?

Curious are you on a lease in Cypress somewhere, or is it property that belongs to someone you know?

Comment

NORTH Dallas

Anybody have success north of Plano? Very slow the 1st day.

Comment

Great hunt in the special whitewing South Zone season. 5 easy limits. Should be more of the same this afternoon.

75 WWs and 1 Eurasian.

Last edited by Smart; 09-02-2018, 10:29 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X