Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Opening Rifle Season is here..Who's Missing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't care who you are but this is funny right here.LMAO
    Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
    I didn’t realize there were so many different ways to spell “my wife won’t let me.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

The good old days. Back when sharing a campfire and filling the freezer were more important than the deer's score.

Comment

We will be heading to our place early Saturday morning! First hunt of the season!

Comment

I'll be working this weekend .. lost my dad in 15. I quit hunting for about 10 years before now I wish I had those years back to hunt with him.. he loved huntin and fishin.

Good luck to everyone going.. maybe there will still be a deer or 2 tuesday when I get my chance.
          Last edited by jds247; 10-31-2019, 07:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Wtex View Post
            So I have not wrote about this since he passed away but this is Joe, Bearhunter on TBH. Joe passed on march 12th of this year. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer in january. He was strong. Never once felt sorry for himself, just wanted to make everyone feel better in that he knew his Lord and was looking forward to hunting in the promised land. We hunted so much together that this year it's hard for me to get my mind right to even go. I know it sounds childish but I just dont feel the same about hunting anymore. I will hunt and I will be successful but will always remember my best friend.
            I remember when he went. My dad spoke of it when it happened. My dad grew up in avinger and lived beside mamma Harrell. He said he remembered joe when he was in diapers lol

Comment

I'll be on a Ram hunt .. my family's from Pennsylvania and I settled here after doing 20 plus years in the Army. Dad use to love coming to Texas to hunt.
              Miss him now that he passed away but he's always with me .. Hunting with his favorite rifle ..

Comment

I’m in. Taking my best friend and a client. The client is going for an axis and my bestie is going just to hang out and maybe shoot some piggies. I’ve got tags to fill so this is a must for me. Plus I’ll be using the new APR build I’ve been bench resting for a month. Should be fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I'll be out at the lease early Sat and come back Sun afternoon. The following week I'm going to be after ducks.

Comment

Best of luck and good times to all of you no matter how you hunt.

Comment

Will miss opening morning, have to work until noon. Will be in the woods Saturday afternoon though. Will hunt Sunday too. I can be to the gate of family land in 5min. Doesn't cost me anything other than time and corn.

My mom took me on my first hunt. She had family in the Weches, Tx area. Used a borrowed 30-30 on that hunt. Was hooked. Didn't kill my first deer until NYD 1999 with my ex bil. Was hooked after that.

Comment

Fall Baseball playoffs have me missing the whole weekend unless we go 0-2 Saturday.

Comment

You can bet your boots I will be in the stand opening morning. Wouldn't miss it.

Comment

Today we celebrate my birthday and take the kids trick or treating and in the morning I'm off to the ranch.

Comment

Since I took the job in San Antonio and sold my property in NW Texas, I haven't even thought about finding me a spot to hunt yet. It is funny because I work for a hunting company and talk about hunting all day long.

I need to start getting something worked up for the wife though. She wants to shoot a dalmatian deer (Axis)

Comment

Youth Duck Hunt this weekend here in La. Typically one of the best weekends of hunting season!

Comment

Working...
                                X