2020 Debate: Trump vs Biden

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by iamntxhunter View Post
    I think the Democrat party may be unelectable at the rate they are going with all of their crazy ideas along with the way they have treated trump and the SCOTUS nominees.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
    I remember saying and thinking the same thing about Obama and look what we had to endure for 8 long years. Eight years that will take at least 2 generations to correct. IF it's no too late. We must be vigilant and go vote. Do not let one of these AOC types sneak up on us. It happened before and can happen again.

Comment

Trump's biggest threat to reelection is overconfidence among his supporters. This leads to fewer donations, fewer volunteer hours and lower turnout. I see a lot of it here and elsewhere and we are 17 months away from the election.

The second biggest threat is the economy turning towards recession. This could happen simply because the business cycle says it's about time. China and Mexico tariffs make it more likely. If unemployment ticks up, Trump is in big trouble. I say this is the second biggest threat because I agree that nearly everyone has already made up their mind.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
        I remember saying and thinking the same thing about Obama and look what we had to endure for 8 long years. Eight years that will take at least 2 generations to correct. IF it's no too late. We must be vigilant and go vote. Do not let one of these AOC types sneak up on us. It happened before and can happen again.
        I assume you're not referring to the economy?

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
          I assume you're not referring to the economy?
          I was not. The economic engine was way smarter than Obama up to a point. At the very end of his 8 years the engine was rapidly running out of fuel and the country had amassed more dept than all other previous administrations combined. If Hillary had been elected you would not be seeing the boom we are in right now.

Comment

I was not. The economic engine was way smarter than Obama up to a point. At the very end of his 8 years the engine was rapidly running out of fuel and the country had amassed more dept than all other previous administrations combined. If Hillary had been elected you would not be seeing the boom we are in right now.
            Unfortunately republicans have picked up right where Obama left off on the debt problem. Which is ridiculous since they campaigned for 8 years on being fiscally responsible. We're still mortgaging our future.

As for the economy, I think presidents' policy has less of an effect than people like to believe. Granted, I think Trump's small influence has managed to extend the boom, but I forsee a recession in his second term (regardless of what he does) since we haven't had a strong correction in years.
            Last edited by sir shovelhands; 06-08-2019, 10:08 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by sir shovelhands View Post
              Unfortunately republicans have picked up right where Obama left off on the debt problem. Which is ridiculous since they campaigned for 8 years on being fiscally responsible. We're still mortgaging our future.

As for the economy, I think presidents' policy has less of an effect than people like to believe. Granted, I think Trump's small influence has managed to extend the boom, but I forsee a recession in his second term (regardless of what he does) since we haven't had a strong correction in years.
              I agree we are long due for a major correction. I can see at least 25% coming. Maybe even +30%.

Comment

I agree we are long due for a major correction. I can see at least 25% coming. Maybe even +30%.
                Yep. If it happens sooner than I think (within a year), it'll be a much harder re-election campaign for him.

Comment

Personally, I think it is the news media manipulating the numbers to say this and that are going to happen. They say there were not that many jobs added which is a sing of a downturn in the economy. Problem is, everyone that wants a job has one and no one else (lowlifes, un-hireable and snowflakes that do not want to work) so no more jobs hires are added due to the scum that do not want to work and keep sucking off the government!

I may be wrong but I hope I am not. Congress is included in these low life scums for not doing what they we voted in to do. They work for us, NO ONE ELSE! CLEAN HOUSE immediately!

Comment

Originally posted by Mudslinger View Post
                    Personally, I think it is the news media manipulating the numbers to say this and that are going to happen. They say there were not that many jobs added which is a sing of a downturn in the economy. Problem is, everyone that wants a job has one and no one else (lowlifes, un-hireable and snowflakes that do not want to work) so no more jobs hires are added due to the scum that do not want to work and keep sucking off the government!

I may be wrong but I hope I am not. Congress is included in these low life scums for not doing what they we voted in to do. They work for us, NO ONE ELSE! CLEAN HOUSE immediately!
                    Well the BLS puts the numbers out, not the media. You can see them here if you want.

https://data.bls.gov/timeseries/CES0..._view=net_1mth

Now you can argue the validity of those, but then you'd also have to acknowledge that the validity of every year prior is also questionable, since they've measured it the same way for a long time.

As for having a report of 75K. I really wouldn't be concerned. First, they're preliminary numbers, and second, a single bad month doesn't necessarily mean a downturn is coming. If you check that table, in 2016 (Obama's last year) there were only 15K jobs added in May, and then 282 in June and 336 in July. Same thing happened in Sept 2017 with Trump.
                    Last edited by sir shovelhands; 06-09-2019, 08:41 PM.

Comment

Presidents get too much credit and blame for the state of the economy. If they do have a negative effect it usually manifest after they are out of office for example Nixon and Connally taking the US off the gold standard.

Comment

Originally posted by PlanoDano View Post
                        Presidents get too much credit and blame for the state of the economy. If they do have a negative effect it usually manifest after they are out of office for example Nixon and Connally taking the US off the gold standard.
                        Pretty close to dead on. Glad somebody understands how things work. Clinton benefited for 8 years from Reagan's policies and decisions that endured thru Bush No 1. Reagan had a tough go because of a dingbat peanut farmer before him. Bush No.2 inherited the trickle down from Clinton and things began to tank and there was 911 terrorist attack on the twin towers and Obama, well he really didn't do much of anything. By then the institutions were ahead of the game and much smarter than Obama and we managed to get thru without a severe depression. If Trump keeps going the next president in 2024 will most likely be on super cruise.

Comment

Pretty close to dead on. Glad somebody understands how things work. Clinton benefited for 8 years from Reagan's policies and decisions that endured thru Bush No 1. Reagan had a tough go because of a dingbat peanut farmer before him. Bush No.2 inherited the trickle down from Clinton and things began to tank and there was 911 terrorist attack on the twin towers and Obama, well he really didn't do much of anything. By then the institutions were ahead of the game and much smarter than Obama and we managed to get thru without a severe depression. If Trump keeps going the next president in 2024 will most likely be on super cruise.
                          Do you think that the surplus and balanced budgets during Clinton were solely attributed to Reagan and Bush? Where do you put the blame in regards to the 2008 debacle?

Comment

we managed to get thru without a severe depression.
                            But it was the worst recession since the late 20s (there haven't been any depressions since '29).

Comment

Oh and to back up my earlier argument about us being up for a recession soon.

Here's a list of all recessions and depressions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eat_Depression

This month marks us tying the longest boom (10 years).

Comment

Saw an article this morning saying Biden would clean his clock in the up coming speeches.

Uh ok...............

Some 89 million American suckers are subsidizing CNN through their cable bills -- subsidizing fake news and and hate and the booing of rape victims and violence and their own destruction. | Media Far-left CNN claimed Joe Biden "eviscerated" President Trump hours before the aging Democrat had even delivered the speech in question.
                                Last edited by Johnny Dangerr; 06-11-2019, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X