Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Originally posted by Texas Grown View Post
      That feller looks kinda like Perow on here.
      I think it’s Luke Bryan, she’s pretty!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 32drawlength View Post
          That cat is jacked! Never missed Bi & Tri day at the gym lol

Guy could step forward a couple steps to help judge the size better

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
            That cat is jacked! Never missed Bi & Tri day at the gym lol
            Unlike homeboy that killed her

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
              It’s apparently an old pic. But it was a big mountain lion.
              No it’s not a real big cat , the person in the picture is “ fish stretcher “ the cat
              The guy is behind and away = a nice picture to make your catch look bigger

And kerrviile/ mountain home doesn’t sound outlandish as in my life time
              We have had confirmed black bear and mountain lion here in boerne/ Kenndall county and even a jaguarundi killed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguarundi
              I doubt we will ever see any or have any more do to urban sprawl

Comment

look at the size of that extension cord!

Comment

Originally posted by pilar View Post
                  No it’s not a real big cat , the person in the picture is “ fish stretcher “ the cat
                  The guy is behind and away = a nice picture to make your catch look bigger

And kerrviile/ mountain home doesn’t sound outlandish as in my life time
                  We have had confirmed black bear and mountain lion here in boerne/ Kenndall county and even a jaguarundi killed https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaguarundi
                  I doubt we will ever see any or have any more do to urban sprawl
                  Yeah I didn’t look too close at the pic until y’all posted it here. I agree with you. The position of the guy’s boot makes the cat look like he makes Ball & Crockett

Comment

So question. Why do we hunt mountain lions? If they’re so incredibly rare, especially here in this particular state, why are people hunting them? Seems to me if we keep at that practice they’ll be extinct.....or is that the goal?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by mmlreiner View Post
                      So question. Why do we hunt mountain lions? If they’re so incredibly rare, especially here in this particular state, why are people hunting them? Seems to me if we keep at that practice they’ll be extinct.....or is that the goal?

I don't think they're that rare. People don't see them because they don't want to be seen. Combine that with the wide range in which they travel and seeing one is rare,yes. But rare as in not very many of them?....Not hardly.

Plus just think of all the trail cam pictures people get of them. For the longest time this website alone had me convinced there was a mountain lion on everyone's property in Texas. They're everywhere.

Texas is a massive State. Nobody knows how many mountain lions live there. There's no possible way to know that. Not to mention the mountain lions that travel from bordering States or Mexico that aren't Texas residents but occasionally visit to kill a deer,hiker or border jumper.
                      Last edited by okrattler; 05-19-2019, 02:06 AM.

Comment

I have read a post stating the mountain lion was killed near McDonald Road near the Garvin Store. When I looked on the maps around for McDonald Road there I couldn't find one near the Garvin Store.

Comment

I would bet that most of the very few people that have killed one in this state weren't actually hunting them, but had an incredible, legal, adrenaline pumping, opportunity at a trophy of many lifetimes. They also helped improve the deer herd and potentially saved some livestock in the area. I agree with the post above, there are more in the state, especially south, than we think we have, but they are the ultimate predator and don't want to be seen. Even in states where they have "lots" of them, people pay a lot of money to hunt them and few ever do kill one. I don't think anyone wants to see them become extinct, but I don't think the small handful that are killed in this state are going to come close to hurting the population. I guarantee you there are more born or that migrate in than are killed each year by hunters. I feel incredibly fortunate to have actually seen one and a good friend has actually killed one. This after many years of doubting their existence. Now, if one these black ones here in East Texas would just show up.

Comment

Mountain lions are no where near “rare”. That is a big misconception.
                            They are categorized as least concern and there are plenty of them. Especially here in Texas.
                            Last edited by 150class; 05-19-2019, 06:07 AM. Reason: i

Comment

"They Everywhere"

Comment

Only the black ones are considered rare ---------------------or extinct

Comment

Working...
                                X