X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
    Yeah....I’d have done that differently. Way, way differently.[emoji52]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like heavy equipment and a alibi different?

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Like heavy equipment and a alibi different?

Me no sabe.....

Comment

I hope the best to all in this situation and please accept my request for forgiveness. If families are typical, minimal cash is available and usually there are needs not yet met. If abundance, who cares but is a rare ability. I would cough up a little extra if someone could handle my! Enough said. Truly prayers up with support and emphasis on it lasting. This subject is taken so lightly. Young folks need to know we mean the best but please be reasonable. Other needs get overlooked in the emotions. Enjoy. Be frugal. Be wise! God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrowflinger84 View Post
          I dont know. Traditionally the grooms parents dont care anything about an elaborate wedding so they are not going to want to pay for much. Also, The groom usually doesnt have much say in what happens and what is spent. So that is why the bride and her family paid for most of the wedding since they are the ones that care about the details and venue. Most guys would marry their woman anywhere with anyone watching. Backyard BBQ in jeans and button up. Basically the bride has all the say because its her "dream" wedding and the grooms parents dont feel they should pay an excess of hard earned money for one event that most people wont remember much about. The grooms parents should say we are going to contribute "X" amount and thats all we can do.
          Reiterating the truth to this.

Also, there's a big difference between being the big(ger) person and saying, 'hey, if this is going to be expensive, let us help out more than just the dinner. We'll get the photography, or the food...or <insert whatever>' and someone telling me that I HAVE to do something because that's 'how it is now.' I'm going to have a totally reasonable challenge for that. Especially if I'm the groom or the father of the groom.

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
            I have 2 boys, and I pray they seek a wife that is similar to their mother. A ton of common sense, and good with money. Otherwise, they are not going to like the budget that we give them.

What I don't get is, how can a couple that has good jobs, and has been shacking up for several years, have a wedding shower? Shouldn't they already have a crock pot by now?
            Yep. And should now be bringing Pop some roast from that crock of! Bull sounds good. Didnt I just fix a car?

Comment

I know, I have a violin I never learned to play. I can be the music as a choice for entertainment expense. Than I can do my 66 year old rap with my RCA turned way up. Maybe I can just stay home if I offer all this. All in fun. Mariage is special. Hope again it lasts. Plus nice to have a preacher friend or like me a Reverand Brother who will legally do the ceromony for free! Man that hurts. I need to repay a few folks

Comment

Originally posted by Palmetto View Post
                I have 2 boys, and I pray they seek a wife that is similar to their mother. A ton of common sense, and good with money. Otherwise, they are not going to like the budget that we give them.

What I don't get is, how can a couple that has good jobs, and has been shacking up for several years, have a wedding shower? Shouldn't they already have a crock pot by now?
                Yep. And should now be bringing Pop some roast from that crock of! Bull sounds good. Didnt I just fix a car?

Comment

Sorry. Learning. Did mean to double post.

Comment

I got married 8 years ago and this is how my wife decided how it was going down:

grooms mother: paid for rehearsal dinner
                    grooms father: paid for all the alcohol at the wedding/ceremony
                    brides father: paid for the venue
                    groom: paid for honeymoon
                    bride: paid for her own wedding dress

not saying this is how it has to be, but this is how it went down for us

Comment

We own a venue and we've seen it every way possible on who pays. I was actually surprised getting into the business that its still predominantly the brides parents paying most of it. We get older couples alot that pay for themselves and they recognize the value of ours over other venues. Definitely no absolutes but their assuming grooms family will split without discussion is pretty bad though.

The 250-300 person weddings are a bit over the top I think, 150 seems to be a good number

Comment

I got married in February 2016. My wife’s parents insisted they pay for the wedding/reception. My parents paid for the photographer/rehearsal/alcohol... they then split the 10 day honeymoon expenses. We were definitely blessed in so many ways. It’s a gift that we can never be grateful enough for.

Comment

Decide how much you can afford and give it to the couple to spend however they like. Removes you from the drama.

Comment

Originally posted by Bayouboy View Post
                            Elope!
                            Yup. If my wife & I had to do it over again we both agree we would've eloped and taken a bad arse vacation.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                              Yeah....I’d have done that differently. Way, way differently.[emoji52]

Yeah he’s a ***** 100% what was best was after their “departure” in a horse drawn carriage she came back without him and partied with us the rest of the night. That kid had kicked so far out of his coverage it was in another world and he still screwed it up

Comment

I was a redneck hippy. She was/is similar to me. 1972. Wanted little and had little to offer. Just get it done. Lots of pics. food, Fancy set up and clothes. Big gathering. I was so glad when we could haul axx. Went to SA and chilled. Than back to work, fishing etc. So much is done with good intent but sometimes "for others desires" than the ones it is designated to honor being the Bride and Groom. Be sure the couple is not being shoved into more than they want. It did kinda of ruin it for me but she did enloy the hoopla and I still love her and with her today so glad she got that. And I respect what In Laws and others wanted. So all is good. I often wish I would have been a bit more cooperative. Live and learn. God is good.

Comment

Working...
                                X