Time for new gadgets and gizmos

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Time for new gadgets and gizmos

With all the new gear/updated equipment models coming onto the market, i have not had time to catch up due to work and such.

I really need to get a new rangefinder (preferably with ARC) and a new wrist release.

Whats some of you guy’s recommendations. Trying to stay around $200 (flexible) for rangefinder and 1-125(ish) for the release. Both are pretty worn out.

Never really had a good quality rangefinder before so I don’t really know what to look for. And my old release is a trufire dual caliper. Thinking of a single caliper (hook style) or just a single opening caliper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm a fan of vortex. Got the Impact 1000 this year and like it a lot.

Can't speak to wrist releases, as I'm a thumb trigger guy.

Comment

I’m not sure that the arc capabilities on a rangefinder would be worth an upgrade for me.

Comment

Take a look at the TruFire Hardcore Foldback release. TruFire has had their fold back releases out for a few years but I just recently discovered them. I have been shooting this release for a while now and love it for hunting. The release will fold back out of the way while you are climbing into your stand or looking through binoculars, etc.

Comment

Bowhunters Choice by NIKON has been excellent for me under all conditions. I have a VORTEX but too dark at certain times to see the numbers, plus no adjustments to fix that issue. I loss my first NIKON after 3 years or so and bought another one. I don't get range finders that are for bow and rifle however. Not sure whats in that market to be honest. ARC is a must for any bowhunter worth his salt and very common now on rangefinders.
          I have shot SCOTT forever and it has worked in every conceivable crappy situation I have hunted under. I started with a caliper many years ago but about 4 years ago went with single hook. They are more expensive than TruFire, etc but I am sold on the product.........and bullet proof!

Comment

Working...
          X