Looking to buy a drone - advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking to buy a drone - advice

Talk to me about drones. I'm looking at DJI Mavic 2 Pro vs Mavic Air 2, but I'm open to other suggestions.

Also, if anyone has one that you're wanting to sell, let me know.

Depends on your intended use. I have the mavic mini, and for me, it meets all my needs. Only downfall, is that the mini does not have active tracking, but the battery life is incredible and it is nice that it does not need to be registered.
    Last edited by rubicon51; 03-17-2021, 08:58 AM. Reason: .

Comment

Saw DJI came out with a new FPV Drone. Looks awesome!

Comment

I agree... I had a mavic and went to the mini and it's a great little drone with great battery life.
        Originally posted by rubicon51 View Post
        Depends on your intended use. I have the mavic mini, and for me, it meets all my needs. Only downfall, is that the mini does not have active tracking, but the battery life is incredible and it is nice that it does not need to be registered.

Comment

I went from a mavic pro to and air 2 and am extremely happy with the switch. The new controller is incredible, and the included flight features of the air 2 make a lot of basic shots super easy. Unless you’re flying in high winds or actually need the mass of the mavic, I vote air 2

Comment

I looked at the Mini 2. For the price, they look pretty awesome. I think I'd be happier with the better image quality in the more expensive models though (unfortunately for my checkbook). I will likely do as much photography with it as I would video. That 1" sensor on the Mavic 2 Pro is nice. But the Air 2 image quality is very close to as good, even though the sensor is 1/2" - which is still bigger than the Mini 2 sensor. 48MP still photos with the Air 2 as well. Some features on it are better than the 2 Pro, and some on the 2 Pro are better than the Air 2.

I'm leaning toward the Air 2. With the savings, I can buy a GoPro Hero 9 for underwater stuff. We're going to Turks and Caicos Islands in a couple months, so both would get some use there.

Comment

A buddy of mine showed me the Skydio drone. Made in USA and looks pretty nice too.

The perfect drone for autonomous data capture in tight spaces

Comment

Shane,
                My youngest bought one from Costco, that thing is amazing for the size of it. He took some awesome videos of his Christmas display this last year. Not sure the name of it though.

Comment

I wasn't all that geeked by drones until the Mavic Air 2 came out. I bought one in May. I've really enjoyed it. I, too, do a lot of photography but have also enjoyed the video side.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghKlwuyx4ZU&t"]Weekend at Billy's - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNnxYRYEGmA&t"]Guadalupe Color - November 11, 2020 - YouTube[/ame]

Comment

That's beautiful, Casey. What software do you use for video editing?

Comment

Originally posted by Shane View Post
                      That's beautiful, Casey. What software do you use for video editing?
                      Adobe Premiere Pro.

Comment

Oh, and thank you. I was pretty happy with the results.

Comment

Do you have any more still photos to share?

Comment

Yes.

Click image for larger version

Name:	DJI_0030-HDR 1200.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	847.1 KB
ID:	24646156

Name:	DJI_0040-HDR-Edit 1200.jpg
Size:	833.9 KB
ID:	24646157

Name:	DJI_0071 1200.jpg
Size:	1.14 MB
ID:	24646158

Name:	DJI_0621.jpg
Size:	143.4 KB
ID:	24646159

Name:	DJI_0636 1280.jpg
Size:	205.1 KB
ID:	24646160

Comment

Nice.

I went ahead and ordered an Air 2 Fly More bundle w/Refresh. Should be here Friday. Maybe I won't wreck it and use the Refresh coverage this weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X