Bow sling with front mounted sidebar

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow sling with front mounted sidebar

I just put a shrewd single v sidebar bracket with sidebar on today to bring my bow into level but now there’s no room for my wrist sling leather piece so I’m without a sling. Has anybody else had this problem or does anyone know of a different kind of wrist sling that will still fit without being in the way or cranking up against the bracket? The bracket is front mounted on a Bowtech Revolt X.

Do you have a pic?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Just shoot without it

Comment

Originally posted by Planopurist View Post
        Do you have a pic?

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
          Just shoot without it
          X2. I don’t miss mine.

Comment

Have never used one and hunt from a tree stand. Never worried about dropping my bow either. I think bow wrist slings are more gimmick than anything. Im sure some depend on them but not may people drop there bow and its saved by there wrist sling. Just my .02

Comment

Originally posted by rem788 View Post

Wow. I’d probably forego the sling altogether.

Comment

My son just runs some d loop string through a space in the riser next to the grip for a wrist sling. I stole the idea from him and do the same.

Comment

Good ideas. I’m going to try a couple and see how it works out.

Comment

T-Bone has a video on bone collectors channel on YouTube how he set his up. Tied a loop for around stablizer. Attached the other end to the loop with the same knot as a D loop. I have mine set up that way.

Comment

Those of you that are still using slings, why do you use them? I had one when I first started shooting a bow and took it off for some reason, can’t recall, and realized it was more in the way than anything.

Comment

You don't need the wrist sling. I used one forever or since they first came out. Took it off about 5 years ago and never thought about putting one back on. They are more a gimmick and serve no real purpose.

Comment

Originally posted by sp-bow View Post
                          T-Bone has a video on bone collectors channel on YouTube how he set his up. Tied a loop for around stablizer. Attached the other end to the loop with the same knot as a D loop. I have mine set up that way.
                          Thanks for the info. I’ll look that up.

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                            Those of you that are still using slings, why do you use them? I had one when I first started shooting a bow and took it off for some reason, can’t recall, and realized it was more in the way than anything.
                            I actually cannot answer that question. I e just had one on for so long I guess it is kind of a security thing. Less of a chance of dropping my bow when I’m the tree stand.

Comment

Why

a wrist sling is for those who shoot open handed. A lot of people recommend shooting open handed but if you don't, you don't really need one. Another option is a finger sling but IDK that that's practical for hunting.

Comment

Working...
                              X