Slick Trick viper trick= rattling junk

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slick Trick viper trick= rattling junk

So I have shot the standard 4 bald broad head and they are great .
    After adding weight to my arrows and hunting elk I want to try a broad head that would penetrate further .

So with that said I have bought 6 they all rattle , yes washer in place put them on 4 different brands of arrows. ST sent me 6 more they are worse than the first 6 I bought . After hearing that warranty will no longer return my messages . That is too bad really .

Here is a short video sorry I had to hold phone and shoot video at same time .

I would suggest that other do not buy this model

I realize it isn't right but i bet a little bow wax in the right places would get them quite enough to use.

Comment

I did try that the blades are way too loose for that , I was able to get 3 of them to stop rattling by wrapping a small piece of Teflon tape around the ferrule and then slide the washer down and tighten it up .

But the point is this should NOT be an issue , this is nothing more than pure lack of QC plain and simple

Comment

Are the blades to short? Or what happens if you put a second feral under it just out of curiosity. Wonder if there not seating far enough into your insert

Comment

You are right, it shouldn't happen.

Comment

Sometimes they have a radius on the backside of the ferrule >>>>>> The leading edge of the washer hits this radius and never allows the face of the washer to press against the blades.

The washers have a little stamping curve to them like this: )

Put the curve of the washer towards the blades |\
            .................................................. ............... |/

Picture with text:

) |\
            >>>>
            ) |/

Comment

I had a similar issue and was able to fix it by making sure I had the broad heads screwed in as far as possible.

Comment

I machine and build engine for a living I have tried both ways on the washer trust me they are tight .

Too be clear not looking for a fix Its a machine process they are not following correctly

Comment

I like mine, but I did get a bad batch once. A little rattle and galled threads.

Comment

get some RMS cutthroats and be done with it.

Comment

That is a shame

Think a rubber o-ring between the washer and back of blades would let you salvage them to shoot?

Company was sold if I remember correctly and I guess the new owners are cutting corners to make more $$$$

Comment

weird, ive shot VT's for 3 years now and havent had that issue a single time. Wonder if they just made a bad batch

Comment

I’ve like and have shot the standard st for years with no problems however I am having the same problem you described with the last package I bought. The blades are slightly loose and rattle. Major bummer.

Comment

We have experienced the same thing, gave up on slick tricks and shoot other heads now. The new company does not have the quality control the old owner had. And they don't care. There is a rep on here I believe, wonder why he hasn't chimed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Young gun 12 View Post
                              weird, ive shot VT's for 3 years now and havent had that issue a single time. Wonder if they just made a bad batch
                              I believe it would have to be a lot of bad batches, it's that there quality control has gone down the toilet, and they aren't going to do any thing about it, it looks like. Because we had this same thing happen a few years ago, and many people are still having the problem, and thinking it's just a bad batch. I don't think so. We have seen blades brake on some of the newer heads also, they used to be our go to head, but we gave up on them ( sold all the packages I had of them).

Comment

Working...
                              X