Dove recipes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dove recipes?

besides the obvious jalapeno and cream cheese poppers, what is your favorite dove recipe?

I made a bunch of traditional poppers the other day and got bored so I tried something new. I took brown sugar and Tony's (about 50/50) coated the breast then one quick wrap of bacon and cooked on the grill. my guest preferred the sweet and spicy over the traditional poppers.

I marinated some dove in Soy Sauce and Brown Sugar for an hour or so and bacon wrapped them and it was pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by jharp View Post
      besides the obvious jalapeno and cream cheese poppers, what is your favorite dove recipe?

I made a bunch of traditional poppers the other day and got bored so I tried something new. I took brown sugar and Tony's (about 50/50) coated the breast then one quick wrap of bacon and cooked on the grill. my guest preferred the sweet and spicy over the traditional poppers.
      add a little maple syrup to keep them from drying out (with your brown sugar and bacon method).

Comment

I fillet the breast, cut it up a little bit, season, and then cook for a few minutes in hot olive oil, then put it on a taco with all your favorite fixings. It's very good and fast.

Comment

This is a variation on the old tried-and-true you mentioned. Put a shelled and deveined shrimp between two dove breast fillets along with just a strip of jalapeno then bacon wrap. (no cream cheese) Marinate and season however you like. They are small so I make up a mess of them for appetizers and do something more substantial for the main course..

Comment

Dove Bell Grano

Saute diced garlic & Parsley in pan with olive oil
            Add Chopped Bacon until browned
            Then add Dove until browned
            Add a splash of white wine and heavy whipping cream
            Finish with cornstarch & Water to thicken
            Season with salt & pepper

Serve with Crackers I prefer Club Crackers

Its more of an appetizer than a meal but still very delicious

Comment

I breast them out and also take the heart and cut up the gizzard and put them in a crock pot with a can of cream of mushroom soup, mushrooms, and a little cream to thicken it up. I put it over wild rice and it's good stuff!

Comment

They are still poppers, but the honey and cilantro cream cheese takes it up a notch:

This dove season, try an alternative take on the tried a tried and true dove jalapeño popper. We "gourmet-ed" it up a little by opting for a lemon, honey, & cilantro cream cheese with sautéed shallots. Using the Tuscan Grill in the wood fired oven allowed us to get a smokier flavor from the bacon and a nice crust on the cream cheese. If you don't have a pizza oven, don't fret. You can still use the grill or even a conventional oven to enjoy your birds. Ingredients (Makes 20 jalapeño poppers)For

Comment

Have done this one a few times and they're pretty good. My kid says they're better than chicken nuggets any day

This is what it tastes like, when doves fry.

Comment

Chicken fried is pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      This is a variation on the old tried-and-true you mentioned. Put a shelled and deveined shrimp between two dove breast fillets along with just a strip of jalapeno then bacon wrap. (no cream cheese) Marinate and season however you like. They are small so I make up a mess of them for appetizers and do something more substantial for the main course..
                      This on a low and slow smoker, once they have gotten what you think is enough smoke, flour them and drop in fryer.

Comment

Good ideas here

Comment

I almost killed my wife....did the popper thing and she never had them and didn't realize they still had the breast bone in them....had to do the Heimlich maneuver, she took it well. I felt bad but she finished the rest of them so I guess they were good. lol

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                            I almost killed my wife....did the popper thing and she never had them and didn't realize they still had the breast bone in them....had to do the Heimlich maneuver, she took it well. I felt bad but she finished the rest of them so I guess they were good. lol
                            Lol I thought "popper" referred to your ability to just "pop" them in your mouth in one bite. Never heard of poppers "on the half shell". Glad your maneuver was well-received

Comment

Originally posted by RattlesnakeDan View Post
                              Whattt???? Is this real or noo?

Comment

Working...
                              X