Lake Lavon reports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Lavon reports

Anyone been to Lake Lavon lately? Or does anyone want to share their good spots to go.

Thanks

I just started scouting the area. I plan to hunt the area in March. You are welcome to come with me, but I can't go until then. I will be busy this month and next.

Comment

That sounds great. What area are you scouting? Have you been out there before?

Comment

Not until three weeks ago. I have been scouting northwest section. It is difficult to find a place to park because of private homes. I will be busy until March, but I plan to scout some the first couple of weeks and then try some hunting.

Comment

Best Duck hunt I ever had was at lake lavon 4 limits of ducks all green heads. 3 years ago. UN REAL

Comment

My friend and myself were just out there recently, kind of hard to find some of the property lines. We didn't see any hog but found some ripped up ground that looked liked they had been through.
            Is baiting allowed on Lavon? I was thinking no, but I am not positive.

Comment

call the lake office and they will tell you if baiting is allowed

Comment

Originally posted by Jrick View Post
                My friend and myself were just out there recently, kind of hard to find some of the property lines. We didn't see any hog but found some ripped up ground that looked liked they had been through.
                Is baiting allowed on Lavon? I was thinking no, but I am not positive.

Baiting is illegal.

Comment

Baiting is legal if its hand scattered at lavon, you do have to go by the lk office and get a hunting permit for army corps land but heck its free. you can also park off the side of roads you just can't block any traffic or gates. thats what the gal at the office has told me. only prob is most of the hogs are pushed arounld so much due to hunting land so close to private property. I've been out 30 or so times in the past and have only seen hogs on 1 occation. I personaly gave it up because I founld it not to rewarding. I don't have many other places I can go so I'll most likely be back for the excersize. But best of luck to you guys going.

Comment

Thanks for the baiting info.

Comment

North of 380 is pretty good

Comment

Originally posted by TEAM SHARK View Post
                        Baiting is illegal.
                        not illegal, u can hand scatter any bait u want, including corn.

Comment

Originally posted by BradC View Post
                          Anyone been to Lake Lavon lately? Or does anyone want to share their good spots to go.

Thanks
                          i went out ther a week ago. didnt find any hogs but i found where they have been. this wallow was about 30tds wide and over 400yds long.

Comment

Any hints where this might be? Actually, if you are interested maybe a few of us could do an organized drive (spot and stock). I have only scouted just south of the northern bridge on the west side. Don't remeber the name of the road. I found a small area where they were walking. Not much sign, but a little.

Comment

not asking for any secret spots but if you don't mind giving the area ( north, south, etc.. ) I would be greatful. I've been to lavon so many times and seen tons of sign but not many hogs. But I've never seen any sign like that, amazing the damage they can do. They have to rounld there somewhere. Thanks

Comment

Working...
                              X