Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Nancy Pelosi trying to prevent the State of the Union address?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
    It's not just the democrats though.. Members of the Republican Party have and are fighting tooth and nail also.. A lot of their underhanded works are going on in the closet but they are going on none the less..
    No other Republican nominee could have ever endured what this man has been through up to this point and this is exactly why I voted for him.. He is a junk yard dog.. He was the only hope we had.. If he cannot get this country back on track in his time in office then we are done.. No one will ever have the true grit or backbone to attempt what it will take.
    Same here

Comment

Not only is all the above true, but this Mueller investigation along with the democrats obstructing everything, their 2nd goal is to make **** sure that no other outsider attempts to run for President again. He has taken away their power and control over that office and they simply will not stand for it.
      A constitutional convention of states is needed to impose term limits on these offices or we will lose this country.

Comment

This^^^^^ term limits asap

Comment

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
          Are you sure? Where did you mention any republicans?
          Uh, yeah, I’m sure. But, considering how you read into my statement what you did, it’s easy to see how you are so easily convinced on all the conspiracy theories.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
            Not only is all the above true, but this Mueller investigation along with the democrats obstructing everything, their 2nd goal is to make **** sure that no other outsider attempts to run for President again. He has taken away their power and control over that office and they simply will not stand for it.
            A constitutional convention of states is needed to impose term limits on these offices or we will lose this country.
            I would also be in favor of a constitutional convention amending the laws to allow removal or expulsion of a member of congress by means other than 2/3 majority vote of the house in which they serve. Especially those that abuse power like Pelosi and Schumer have done and for other criminal acts for which they are convicted. In such case a majority vote in the senate or a court could remove someone like Pelosi for obstruction etc. As it stands now no member of congress can be removed for anything short of murder.

Comment

Edit: off topic and covered in another thread.
              Last edited by texasnavy05; 01-25-2019, 11:22 AM.

Comment

POTUS is about to make an announcement of the issue

Comment

News says 3 week temporary end to the shutdown while the negotiations proceed.

Hoggslayer

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                    I think we all agree it's not just Democrats. Republicans had control of the Congress and Trump still couldn't get his wall, or repeal Obamacare
                    If republicans had 60 members in the senate, then the wall would have been funded. That would have been control of the congress.

Comment

Well he opened the Government back up. Pelosi said "open the Government and then we will negotiate."

Anyone think she's gonna give him a wall?

I predict he will call a National Emergency after these 3 weeks are up. Then he will try to build the wall without Congressional approval.
                      Last edited by AntlerCollector; 01-25-2019, 01:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                        It’s all theater, and nothing more. Mark my words. The government will no longer be shut down, the wall partially funded and DACA extended and the A S S & the pachyderm will parade their “victory” on national tv. None of them will forfeit that much tv exposure.
                        Originally posted by Man View Post
                        Words marked.
                        Check!

Comment

Check!
                          Except no partial funding for the wall.

Comment

Originally posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
                            they can also do away with the constitution if they meet,,, what then?

Comment

Check!
                              No wall funding
                              Not even partial
                              You didn't even come close so you don't get a cigar.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
                                Except no partial funding for the wall.
                                Originally posted by texansfan View Post
                                No wall funding
                                Not even partial
                                You didn't even come close so you don't get a cigar.
                                You are both ignoring my main point, which was, and still is, it’s all theater and neither side was going to miss out on the cameras that come with a SotU. There is still 4 days until the Address, I’ll double down and say we have some level of border security funding by Tues. Trump needs a win and so do the Dems. Neither have weathered this storm well
                                Last edited by Playa; 01-25-2019, 08:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X