No announcement yet.

Bow Sights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you dislike, or want different than your Truglo has?

Comment

Just changed from Copper John single pin to the IQ retina lock 5 pin. Don't know why I like it better, just do and my groups are much tighter. Thought about a Sure Loc Lethal Weapon with retina lock, but couldn't part with 4 bills.

Comment

I like my React 5 pin. I am really thinking about the IQ bow sight with retina lock.

Comment

Originally posted by Neohighlander View Post
          Trophy Ridge React! Best money I ever spent. You won't be disappointed!
          I like the TR React too, but it the housing is super large, it's a large and in charge. But dang, it gets you dialed in and it is super easy to adjust.

Comment

Couldn't be happier with my TR React 5 pin.

Comment

CBE Tek hybrid

Comment

I have spot hogg hunter with 5 pig wrap it. Love it!

Comment

I shoot a single pin Sightmaster elite sight.

Comment

Anything from Spot Hogg!

Comment

Originally posted by rar15usa1 View Post
                      I am looking for a new 5 pin bow sight. I am useing a Tru Glow. It works good, but I am looking for something better. What are you useing? What do you like and dislike about it? Thanks for the input.
                      ill use just about any bow site as long as it says spot hogg on it!

Comment

What do you mean by "better," exactly? I can definitely understand the urge for something 'new' from time to time but with bow sights there's not really a lot of "better" to be had - there's different styles that allow you to do different things more easily, like a single pin sight that allows you to dial up a specific distance in 1yd increments, but it's not "better" as far as making you more accurate, per se. Accuracy is about form, repeatability, accurate distance judgement, proper tuning, etc. Aside from, possibly, reducing your pin size no sight change is going to, in and of itself, make you a "better" shot.

TruGlo sights are as good as anything you'll NEED for hunting. You can down-size your pins without buying a new sight.

All that said, if you actually feel/want you need a new sight, I highly recommend a Custom Bow Equipment (CBE) sight. NOT because they're necessarily "better" than other sights but because you can have them custom configured to suit YOUR personal needs and preferences. For the money, I think they're the best buy out there in the high-end market. I have variations of the Hybrid Tek on a couple bows that are set up for longer range hunting where I will have the luxury of being able to range my target and really utilize the dial a range capability. My other bows, for regular hog, whitetail, turkey, etc. hunting have Truglo sights. Inside 35yds, I shoot the same size groups with all of them. At 60-85yds, the CBE sights are WAY better because they have very small pins for shots past 50yds and I can dial a range to the exact distance my rangefinder determines

JMO but I hope it helps. Good luck with whatever you decide! Confidence is everything!

Comment

Love my Sword Apex 3rd Plane. If I didn't get a Sword I would have gone with Spott Hogg. Both sights are built tough. I love my 0.01 pins.

Comment

I think I own stock in Spot Hogg I have so many of them. Won't buy anything else except my CBE for 3D.

Comment

Originally posted by Horitexan View Post
                              TruGlo sights are as good as anything you'll NEED for hunting. You can down-size your pins without buying a new sight.
                              X2. Im using the same tru glow sights for 2 bows and about 10 years now. These javellinas never knew how old the sight was.
                              Attached Files

Comment

There is a difference in a good sight and a great sight. Lots of good sights on the market and a few great sights. A customer recently sent me an email and asked if spending $200 for a bow sight was necessary to get a sight “good enough” to kill a deer. Here is my reply, I thought you might find value in my opinion.

No you do not have to spend $200 to get a good sight to be an effective bow hunter.

But, I think it depends on what your expectations are from a sight, or hunting item for that matter. The higher end sights are generally made with lighter, stronger material and are cut to closer tolerances. What that gives you is repeatability, easy of adjustment, durability and a peace of mind that your sight is less likely to fail due to unexpected events (dropping, hitting something, etc.)

Cheaply made equipment will work fine - as will a high price sight under ideal conditions? It is when things are not idea that I believe the value of “over engineered” equipment becomes worth the price within reason.

For over twenty years, I fished tournaments and I always insisted on the best “stuff” I could afford. I could not afford to have an equipment failure so; I controlled that as best I could by buying the best, not necessarily the most expensive.

Hunting is no different. My time in the field is limited. Equipment failure is not an option. Spending another $100 on a great sight vs. a “get by” sight is worth it to me. If you can “afford” to lose a weekend hunt because you dropped you bow and screwed up your whatever, then buy the lesser-made stuff. If you cannot afford to loose a weekend hunt, then buy the well-made stuff and you improve your odds.

Since I have been selling Spot Hogg and Black Gold sights, I have grown to appreciate finely made archery sights. There are some junk sold, some good stuff sold and some really good sights that are affordable on the market. Pick one that you have confidence in; confidence will carry you a long way.

Half the fun is picking one out.

Rick

Comment

Working...
                                X