X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
    This **** is so f n funny keep sending um girls [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Like a corn feeder to a 2 year old hill country buck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
      Like a corn feeder to a 2 year old hill country buck.

More like pea gravel I think.

I have been waiting for some of the experts to critique the technique used by the two male (I will leave that for y'all to debate) fishermen pictured above to hold the rod, errr, fishing apparatus.

Comment

Old salts trick. Shrimp can stay alive for hours.

Comment

I’ve heard of using sawdust for shrimp, supposedly it has to be wet. Never tried it though.

Comment

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
            Aren’t you Danielle Bradbery’s aunt??
            Cousin not Aunt but yes. She drops by every now and again.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
              I’ve heard of using sawdust for shrimp, supposedly it has to be wet. Never tried it though.
              It works wet. Seen it quite a bit at a bait camp in Pt Isabel.

Comment

2021 Salty H20 Fishing Thread!

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
                It works wet. Seen it quite a bit at a bait camp in Pt Isabel.

I have seen it there too

Gordon’s Bait & Tackle in Brownsville has gone through one expansion after another over the years, following a family tradition that has converted the business into more than just a place for anglers to buy supplies before they head on fishing trips to the bay, area canals and the beach. The family owned and operated business on Highway 48, also known as Padre Island Highway, is a one-stop shop selling…Read More
                Last edited by bboswell; 05-07-2021, 11:27 AM.

Comment

If it's wet they suffocate. I used to do that for the wife when we went to the PM jetties via PINS. Couple hours to get 60 miles down so bait buckets weren't an option. Dry as a bone sawdust and net the shrimp and dump straight into the container with only whatever moisture they already have. We'd get to the jetty and she'd have live shrimp all evening that day. As a bonus when they rehydrate they freak out and are extremely active but they also die quickly which usually isn't a problem because we only need them alive for a couple minutes anyway. One time when we got down there I put them in a bait bucket and they all died really fast.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    If it's wet they suffocate. I used to do that for the wife when we went to the PM jetties via PINS. Couple hours to get 60 miles down so bait buckets weren't an option. Dry as a bone sawdust and net the shrimp and dump straight into the container with only whatever moisture they already have. We'd get to the jetty and she'd have live shrimp all evening that day. As a bonus when they rehydrate they freak out and are extremely active but they also die quickly which usually isn't a problem because we only need them alive for a couple minutes anyway. One time when we got down there I put them in a bait bucket and they all died really fast.

So, dry sawdust, then you get to where you’ve going to fish and put them in a bait bucket or livewell, or how does that work?

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post
                      So, dry sawdust, then you get to where you’ve going to fish and put them in a bait bucket or livewell, or how does that work?

Sounds like just put them on the hook, he indicated they die pretty quick once back in the water.

I wonder who figured out shrimp can live in dry sawdust.
                      Last edited by JES; 05-07-2021, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jamesdad07 View Post

No, they'll all die within a few minutes once rehydrated, at least they did when I tried it. I'm sure it's more stress related than anything. You just leave them in the sawdust while you fish and use one by one. They hit the water and go nuts for a few minutes then die but with shrimp and casting and currents it's rare where we were to have them die before getting eaten or cast off. We had some last probably 10 hours or so one time in the sawdust. One time they were all dead and I never figured out why, wondering if maybe I got some treated wood dust or something. The first time we did it the guy at the bait shop (can't remember the name) was super confused and dumped water in the sawdust even while I was trying to stop him, they were dead quickly. We drained all the water out but the dust was soaked. After that we started going to the Red Dot next door instead, the lady there knew exactly how to handle it and didn't blink an eye, just netted the shrimp and shook the water off for a second and dumped them in my cooler of dry sawdust. I think with just a little moisture the sawdust allows them to "breath" maybe similar to how a crab does blowing bubbles? With too much moisture in the dust I guess it clogs them up.

Comment

No, they'll all die within a few minutes once rehydrated, at least they did when I tried it. I'm sure it's more stress related than anything. You just leave them in the sawdust while you fish and use one by one. They hit the water and go nuts for a few minutes then die but with shrimp and casting and currents it's rare where we were to have them die before getting eaten or cast off. We had some last probably 10 hours or so one time in the sawdust. One time they were all dead and I never figured out why, wondering if maybe I got some treated wood dust or something. The first time we did it the guy at the bait shop (can't remember the name) was super confused and dumped water in the sawdust even while I was trying to stop him, they were dead quickly. We drained all the water out but the dust was soaked. After that we started going to the Red Dot next door instead, the lady there knew exactly how to handle it and didn't blink an eye, just netted the shrimp and shook the water off for a second and dumped them in my cooler of dry sawdust. I think with just a little moisture the sawdust allows them to "breath" maybe similar to how a crab does blowing bubbles? With too much moisture in the dust I guess it clogs them up.

Right on. Thanks for the heads up. I would have thought you were pulling my leg. Pretty cool

Comment

The guy we saw using it would put just a little water in the dust. Not soak it.
                            I couldn't believe it the 1st time I saw it.

Comment

Back to the good stuffs
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jaime1982 View Post
                                Back to the good stuffs

You are going to be voted off the island.

Comment

Working...
                                X